Carolina Crown 2023

Scores and recaps up! Wow percussion is hanging in there strong! 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, karuna said:

All the soloist and their props need some serious bling added

Bling Like Royalty 👑

• Like 3

Starting to think that brass just doesn't quite have it this year unless some rewrites for some parts are in the works which I doubt this late in the game. If they medal, I will sacrifice an Ott

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TigerBaritone19 said:

Starting to think that brass just doesn't quite have it this year unless some rewrites for some parts are in the works which I doubt this late in the game. If they medal, I will sacrifice an Ott

It’s just exposure that’s killing them right now.  No credit for trying.  Do you believe the brass staff know how to clean?  Brass does not worry me one bit. 

• Like 1

Just now, karuna said:

It’s just exposure that’s killing them right now.  No credit for trying.  Do you believe the brass staff know how to clean?  Brass does not worry me one bit. 

Oh I know they can clean. Its the content that worries me a bit

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TigerBaritone19 said:

While it sounds like a long shot with a re-write fix, the choice between Ott or a podium spot is almost a Sophie’s Choice😞

I hasten to add < Founders trophy…

Edited by nsxanax

1 minute ago, karuna said:

I'd agree.  There's so much exposure throughout all aspects of this show.  They've taken a LOT of risks in putting this one together in a variety of ways. 

I'm happily eating crow on my early season "this is 'back to the future' for Crown design" thoughts.  While yes, it's a return to a storytelling arc and a 'slow reveal' of the aspects of the show...stylistically this show is cutting a new lane in the activity in some ways.  

If they lean into this sort of thing going forward I could easily see Crown becoming "the classical music corps" brand in the activity for a good while.  

There's a TON of Opera they could explore out there that's never touched the field 

• Like 3