Carolina Crown 2023

21 minutes ago, denverjohn said:

OK. I have a typical cultural understanding of Camelot, Excalibur, etc. and I can enjoy a show based on casual references to Knights of the Round Table. 

However, Crown has intentionally introduced specific characters and I am still having trouble resolving their story line. I get King Arthur and the Sword in the Stone. I get Sir Lancelot and the hanky-panky with Queen Gweneviere. I am guessing about a Mordred character stabbing King Arthur. But after that the show seems to be about herald trumpets, battle imagery, power chords, and then King Arthur seems to recover and run back to his throne. I don't get it. Am I the only one?

It's a restoration story.  See video @:48

22 minutes ago, denverjohn said:

OK. I have a typical cultural understanding of Camelot, Excalibur, etc. and I can enjoy a show based on casual references to Knights of the Round Table. 

However, Crown has intentionally introduced specific characters and I am still having trouble resolving their story line. I get King Arthur and the Sword in the Stone. I get Sir Lancelot and the hanky-panky with Queen Gweneviere. I am guessing about a Mordred character stabbing King Arthur. But after that the show seems to be about herald trumpets, battle imagery, power chords, and then King Arthur seems to recover and run back to his throne. I don't get it. Am I the only one?

Here's my interpretation.

Movement 1 - Arthur discovering Excalibur and pulling the sword from the stone.

Movement 2 - Building Camelot into a Kingdom.

Movement 3 - The love triangle/affair between Arthur, his wife Gwenyvere, and his best friend and Knight Lancelot. 

Movement 4 - The battle for Camelot between Arthur and his son Mordred.

Movement 5 - Differing from history, Arthur survives his stabbing and continues to rule as the once and future king of Camelot.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Grandpa Joe said:

Here's my interpretation.

Movement 1 - Arthur discovering Excalibur and pulling the sword from the stone.

Movement 2 - Building Camelot into a Kingdom.

Movement 3 - The love triangle/affair between Arthur, his wife Gwenyvere, and his best friend and Knight Lancelot. 

Movement 4 - The battle for Camelot between Arthur and his son Mordred.

Movement 5 - Differing from history, Arthur survives his stabbing and continues to rule as the once and future king of Camelot.

Alternatively, who cares? Enjoy the good music and good marching 😄

• Like 8

There’s a YouTube vid that was shot @ A-town by Jacob Ward. Looks like to have been located stage left,  +/-30 yd line. Factoring in the position and [likely] modest recording equipment/media, the audio should be marginal. At best.

It is not.

Have seen this show live once and all season long on Flo. While I realize musical elements have been modified during the season, this particular recording is worth a listen.

Gonna give it a go on the big screen this eve, with beefed up home audio.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, nsxanax said:

There’s a YouTube vid that was shot @ A-town by Jacob Ward. Looks like to have been located stage left,  +/-30 yd line. Factoring in the position and [likely] modest recording equipment/media, the audio should be marginal. At best.

It is not.

Have seen this show live once and all season long on Flo. While I realize musical elements have been modified during the season, this particular recording is worth a listen.

Gonna give it a go on the big screen this eve, with beefed up home audio.

Something that was brought to my attention earlier today, the rifles that are picked up in the closer towards the end are gold instead of the usual white, so there were definitely small visual tweaks as well other than the drill.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ndrudy2013 said:

Just arrived in Indy. Looking forward to finally seeing the corps live three nights in a row, especially Crown. They need to come out and have a really strong run tomorrow night and leave no doubt..

Looks like you’re our “boots on the ground” in Indy.

Have a great experience, and please provide us as much on scene color & analysis as time permits.

You certainly picked an auspicious season to make the trek!👑🗡️🤞👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1