Carolina Crown 2023

2 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

not TOO reluctant. he hit Crown with that sweet sweet perfect achievement score and baaaaaarely gave BD the edge in content (.05); he made a statement IMHO. 

We all know who’s King. Not Arthur, apparently, but you know what I mean

oh no did you just use the P word? There is no P in scoring,  it's just the last number in a series and does not indicate Pfection :ninja:

In any case congrats to your team.  While I still remain forever and always team 👑 I was certainly a little team :bluedevil: as well this year (even if my fellow Crownies gave me heck for it (and will do so again I'm sure :peek: ))

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, 84BDsop said:

And turn down that #### synth bass.   Semis was ok, but tonight was horrid....all I heard on the ending chord sequence was bass rumble and distortion.

I think it was the placement of flo's mics to the speakers.   I know people that were there and they all said it sounded normal. 

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, BWise said:

Yeah .. I think they went a little too easy in the content . Guard particularly.

Honest to god tho how are you 1st and 4th in GE1? 

That is a head scratcher.   I guess because it's such a subjective thing. 

• Like 1

What an incredible way to end an incredible season. Congrats on the medal and the Ott, Crown. Hands down the best hornline since 2013, and the score reflects it. 

• Like 5

Crownratulations for the podium finish and for bringing Ott back to Fort Mill! Also congratulations to all of us Crown Honks with yet another 'undefeated' thread length hahaha. Looking forward to 2024. Cheers!

p.s. I wish NewsEditor44, DasTuba, and Incognito365 are still in DCP to celebrate this season with us.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, wigwam said:

I think it was the placement of flo's mics to the speakers.   I know people that were there and they all said it sounded normal. 

I was at the stadium in front of speaker and thought synth bass was unnecessarily high from my seat. The balance at press box might have been perfect, but I don't think they needed that much. That brass holy moly. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lawdn said:

I was at the stadium in front of speaker and thought synth bass was unnecessarily high from my seat. The balance at press box might have been perfect, but I don't think they needed that much. That brass holy moly. 

I guess it depends on where you were sitting.   My other friends were up much higher and they thought it was ok.  

Did you think it was too high on all three nights, or just finals night?

When I was at Allentown, Phantom Regiment synth bass was so loud it completely drowned out the horn line on several occasions.   

5 hours ago, Ranitidin said:

Crownratulations for the podium finish and for bringing Ott back to Fort Mill! Also congratulations to all of us Crown Honks with yet another 'undefeated' thread length hahaha. Looking forward to 2024. Cheers!

p.s. I wish NewsEditor44, DasTuba, and Incognito365 are still in DCP to celebrate this season with us.

Hi! I forgot my password for my old account lol. I've been around and reading the posts. Just haven't been posting 😅

Edited by DasTuba33
  • Like 3