Phantom Regiment 2023

There were a lot of Key color guard moves done off season. Not just Blake but they brought Erin Boone from BAC as well. They also brought in Robin Wells as a lead tech. She's a modern day Rosie or April and gets results which is why this is also the cleanest guard we've seen in a while. There are potential pipelines to both Carmel and Avon which hopefully will build the guard ina. Way that hasn't happened before. I attended the April camp and they challenged the hell out of those kids. I saw veterans very nervous about their auditions. I think the key takeaway in comparing this year's staff and last year's is professionalism. I don't mean that as a total knock against the last staff but this year seems about having a professional relationship and boundaries with the MM'S versus some proximity issues with the previous staff that led to issues as we all know. This is the best Regiment guard I've seen in years. The upgrade to the staff has for sure paid off. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Reggi93 said:

There were a lot of Key color guard moves done off season. Not just Blake but they brought Erin Boone from BAC as well. They also brought in Robin Wells as a lead tech. She's a modern day Rosie or April and gets results which is why this is also the cleanest guard we've seen in a while. There are potential pipelines to both Carmel and Avon which hopefully will build the guard ina. Way that hasn't happened before. I attended the April camp and they challenged the hell out of those kids. I saw veterans very nervous about their auditions. I think the key takeaway in comparing this year's staff and last year's is professionalism. I don't mean that as a total knock against the last staff but this year seems about having a professional relationship and boundaries with the MM'S versus some proximity issues with the previous staff that led to issues as we all know. This is the best Regiment guard I've seen in years. The upgrade to the staff has for sure paid off. 

For sure. They look great. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Reggi93 said:

Sure, I was referring to Eryn Boone (and others) with "caption management." I was excited by that announcement, and it appears to already be paying dividends. 

Professionalism means so much. Students want to be challenged, but they want to be equally challenged without favoritism. 

The board seems serious about making top notch hires, so I have no doubt they'll try to keep these great minds.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reggi93 said:

Pipelines from Carmel and Avon would pay off handsomely.  

• Like 1

On 7/7/2023 at 10:31 PM, college-phan said:

Sidenote: Back in 2018/2019, I wasn’t sure I’d ever say a sentence like that^ ever again. It’s frankly bewildering how quickly they’ve turned things around in Rockford.

All you need to say is new BOD & JD Shaw.  As soon as they got JD back I knew they'd get their identity and mojo back and start to climb.  When they came out in the Covid year in 2021, I knew they were for real and it was a matter of time, talent gains and making strategic staff changes.  It's happening even faster than I imagined, and I'm so excited.  Upped my monthly donation some more at the end of the year as well.  Go Regiment!

• Like 4

I just can’t understand how the Troopers are in 9th place. I’ve watched the show numerous times and am trying to reconcile their show with Phantom finishing in 8th last year. There’s no comparison between the two, and PR barely scratched out 8th in 2022. Their visual performance is all over the place and the music is meh. I have nothing against them, it’s just strange to me where they are placing, and that only a year earlier it took a performance like Phantom to be in about the same placement. What am I missing?

Edit: watching the Colts I am also wondering how they are placing behind Troopers. Much more entertaining and put together show. 

Edited by PRomoter
Update
  • Like 1

percussion isn't scoring well but I will say I really enjoy the battery writing. Sounds more musical than in past years (post rennick). The 'fills' between brass moments are always cool, and that drum break...

Front ensemble also sounds more musical, but I wish they showed their talent with more technical passages. 

Edited by general_tsos_chicken2

Another great performance. Great job, Regiment. I miss the white tarp. Thought it was a good addition. Hope it comes back, but 2 performances without it seems to suggest it’s gone. That was an expensive decision. 

Edited by PRomoter

10 minutes ago, PRomoter said:

Another great performance and now above 82%. Great job, Regiment. I miss the white tarp. Thought it was a good addition. Hope it comes back, but 2 performances without it seems to suggest it’s gone. That was an expensive decision. 

Wind was a factor tonight and the previous show.  They've not had much time practicing putting it down I suspect. It'll be back.

• Like 1