Phantom Regiment 2023

17 minutes ago, college-phan said:

This is a very weird thing to get up in arms and skeptical about lmao

I agree. I live in the desert. When I get in my car and blast the AC at 60 degrees it takes for ever for my car to cool down. It is sweltering and I'm in shorts, sandals and a t-shirt, not a uniform. And, I don't have a show to perform. One of the biggest lessons I had to learn after moving to the desert is don't shut the #### car off until you are ready to get out. I can't tell you how many times I shut it off, and ####ed around inside the car only to have it start to really heat up within a minute. I'm not joking.

The dangers of extreme heat are real and I'm glad Regiment has taken them seriously.

Edited by Vuitton
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, phd-student-TTU said:

Not happening. Undefeated. 

I totally agree if the suggestion is BC has the best chance. The design put on display in Dekalb is no way screamed "championship design". If they make significant change, maybe, but otherwise, no. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, billj said:

I totally agree if the suggestion is BC has the best chance. The design put on display in Dekalb is no way screamed "championship design". If they make significant change, maybe, but otherwise, no. 

I think people who are saying that anyone else has a chance to win either can't get past their bias for the corps they want to win, can't get past their anti-BD bias, and/or haven't been paying attention to what has been happening in this activity from 2007 to today. 

Edited by Vuitton

1 minute ago, Vuitton said:

I agree. I live in the desert. When I get in my car and blast the AC at 60 degrees it takes for ever for my car to cool down.  

Do you try to park in shade?  Are your windows cracked open and inch or so?  Do you put your shades on the outside of the windshield with the blades holding the shades in place in case of wind?  (Guess what still gets heated up with the shades on the dashboard?)  When you drive off, do you open the rear windows to blow out the heat for a minute or so?  This is for all you folks who live in warm weather.   For those who get snow during Winter, again put the shade on the outside to keep the snow from freezing.  A large plastic sheet will also do the job.  If it's wide enough the doors will hold it in place.  Shake them off and put it behind the driver's seat.   Your welcome.

11 minutes ago, TOC said:

Do you try to park in shade?  Are your windows cracked open and inch or so?  Do you put your shades on the outside of the windshield with the blades holding the shades in place in case of wind?  (Guess what still gets heated up with the shades on the dashboard?)  When you drive off, do you open the rear windows to blow out the heat for a minute or so?  This is for all you folks who live in warm weather.   For those who get snow during Winter, again put the shade on the outside to keep the snow from freezing.  A large plastic sheet will also do the job.  If it's wide enough the doors will hold it in place.  Shake them off and put it behind the driver's seat.   Your welcome.

I have covered parking. I don't leave the windows cracked open because I'm too worried about a scary critter getting in there. I do put shades in place if it's in the sun. When it's 105+ (and it's usually 110+ in the summer) those things do little to help.

Opening the rear windows is a good idea. I didn't think of that. You so smart. Thank you.

K everybody but what does this have to do with PR 2023?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Land_Surfer said:

Every coach I’ve been in, those hatches can be open.  Oh well, I still don’t buy bus temp as issue.

It's a cumulative effect most likely.  As someone who was in a 'night cralwer' bus with 35 people sleeping from hanging cots and flip down seats with the AC shot i can tell you it gets hot.   We DID have windows that popped open a bit.  The upper vents could not be used while going down the road, the wind slams them shut.  We were going through the night from Denverand it still got so hot, when the sun came up, we were shooting for St. Louis by noon and the last few hours were just horribly miserable.  And we were in shorts and t's not uniforms or anything.  It was like an oven and even quaffing water like mad, we were pushing heat exhaustion.   

There's a reason it's considered animal cruelty to leave your dog in a hot car and murder to do it to your kid.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

I do put shades in place if it's in the sun. When it's 105+ (and it's usually 110+ in the summer) those things do little to help. 

Screw the little critters who probably will never show up.  Yes, windshield shades will not help on the inside of the car.  Put a shade or two smaller shades on the outside and go back in 30-60 minutes and put your hand under the shade on the windshield and walk over to a vehicle without a shade on the outside and get back to us with your answer.   Other than the windshield, it might be worth having your other windows tinted.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

K everybody but what does this have to do with PR 2023?

PR needs the busses to get large class A RV windshield shades for the outside. 

Edited by TOC

I mean...I got heat exhaustion the summer John Lewis died.  I'd gone walking out to the plaza where tributes were set up then got in line for the laying in state.  And ... had to leave.  The line up was on the street in the sun.   Foolishly I went on past the Red Cross first aid tent after giving up and just headed home on foot as I live a mile from the Capitol.   I was STUMBLING home and my heart racing.  

The aforementioned bus ride wasn't that extreme but our arrival in St. Louis we were all wiped out until we got into cooled air and water in us.  

Getting those kids off the bus in that sort of shape and having them run a show on the field during an extreme heat warning (it didn't expire until AFTER Phantom's slot) ... yeah no.   You're talking about having kids drop on the field potentially.

• Thanks 4