Phantom Regiment 2023

56 minutes ago, PRomoter said:

If those creepy people ever had to wash uniforms or smell the inside of the bus they’d lose their interest real quick. Maybe just hang unis from the windshield wipers. LOL. Man, we all smelled so awful, yet, we couldn’t smell ourselves. Some kind of smell defense, I guess. Our loved ones could smell it when we were done for the season. 

That is one smell that I am used to but so not used to... One can always tell that the unis have been a little long since a wash and they've fermented... *shudder*

1 hour ago, RebelGTP said:

That is one smell that I am used to but so not used to... One can always tell that the unis have been a little long since a wash and they've fermented... *shudder*

Washing unis is an art form. Finding an empty laundromat in the middle of the day, getting everything in about the same time and getting back to the bus, all while not puking your guts out when you put them in the washing machines. Good times. 

3 hours ago, Vuitton said:

I'm just not sure what the big deal is. They missed one show. So what. It doesn't even really matter what the reason is. 

Yes, it might not be a big deal.  A poster said a bus had no a/c.  My initial post was about why not put the non a/c bus mm on the other vehicles going to the show.  Seems like a simple solution.  Then a message from PR did not mention a bus issue.  When looking at the PR website, it told of a camp in the Dallas area where PR was holding a clinic for DM's and guard students and mm of PR would be present.  If this took place, that's about 280 miles to BAHS.  My curiosity was activated.    

10 minutes ago, TOC said:

Yes, it might not be a big deal.  A poster said a bus had no a/c.  My initial post was about why not put the non a/c bus mm on the other vehicles going to the show.  Seems like a simple solution.  Then a message from PR did not mention a bus issue.  When looking at the PR website, it told of a camp in the Dallas area where PR was holding a clinic for DM's and guard students and mm of PR would be present.  If this took place, that's about 280 miles to BAHS.  My curiosity was activated.    

Meh, they made a decision.  A minor one at that.  Let's not Karen this to death.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Mello Dude said:

Meh, they made a decision.  A minor one at that.  Let's not Karen this to death.

Sounds like the real issue was not told.  I'm getting used to that in all aspects of our lives.   Glad that no one was out of action for awhile.  Thank you MD.  

• Confused 1

I thought we had moved past this. Come on folks! The corps leadership did what it thought or was told was best. It’s over. The vast majority of posts I have read everywhere else have been extremely positive. What is up your butt if you can’t let it go? It’s a DCI competition, not skipping a G20 summit. 

Edited by PRomoter
Spelling
  • Like 5

Despite all the discussion of what happened and why at Broken Arrow, are all the members now doing well?  Is everyone recovered from whatever the heat/illness issue was?

16 minutes ago, PRomoter said:

What is up your butt if you can’t let it go?  

Really?!?!?! BAHAHAHAHA. Thanks for the laugh.

But yes, can we please kill this ding-dang-dong bus conversation? It's a buzz kill.

Let's get back to how AMAZING Regiment is this year.

Can't wait for SA. Hope they land in 5th.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

So excited to see Regiment live in Denton tonight & again in San Antonio Saturday.  

I'm catching up on this thread after being out in Colorado vacationing & then catching DATR in Ft Collins - so several thoughts.

• My gosh, people in the forum can make Mount Everest out of what's really a tiny ant hill.  I heard from a very connected insider what happened & it's not a big deal.  The corps made the right call.  Having had my own bus back in 1990 when I marched lose AC during the weeklong Texas & Louisiana tour, it was absolutely brutal.  It takes just minutes for any type of vehicle to skyrocket in temperature in the sun.  Move on to something important.
  • So proud & excited about ALL the momentum Regiment continues to have this year and will yell like a banshee from the stands tonight in Denton!
  • Not at all worried about the completely worthless exercise of comparing the scoring trends of Mandarins with Regiment.  People above are spot on - look at gaps in scores between corps.  The Denver scores and then west Texas scores were inflated vs other groups in the Midwest & South.  This was validated by the Broken Arrow scores, where Boston still trailed BD by basically the same margin & Crown & Bluecoats were right back to the same territory as they were with Boston with their own scores jumping.  I expect to see the same thing with Regiment, Cadets & Mandarins as they all face each other.
  • How many people that think BD can be beat have seen them live in the last week?  They blew me away in Denver.  Video does not do this show justice.  My only shock was that the edge over Boston was only a point and a half.  I expected it to be more like 3 points, but DCI wouldn't want scores that show there is zero drama at the top to be had in Indy.  And from a pure quality of brass sound AND volume, it felt like Boston played to barely a forte on their loud moments, with nowhere near the power BD had just put out.  I don't see anyone beating BD.  Best corps they've had since the Feliniesque shoe, IMO.  Zero caption weaknesses.  Great design.  (and you all know I'm not a BD honk).

Prior to the show tonight & San Antonio, I think Phantom has an edge for 5th in Indy, but a range of 5th-7th is realistic, and regardless of where they finish, its a GREAT year and step forward for Regiment that everyone just needs to relish, enjoy & celebrate.  They are 1-2 years ahead of the pace of progress I thought we'd see when they came out under JD Shaw in 2021 in the celebration year.  Just WOW.  Great job to the BoD, the staff, the kids and everyone that supports Phantom Regiment.  Go Regiment!

Harvey

Edited by TexasPRfan
grammer/spelling
  • Like 6

Jealous of you Harvey for getting to see them tonight. Give 'em hell Regiment!

• Like 2