Phantom Regiment 2023

40 minutes ago, TexasPRfan said:

Just WOW.  Great job to the BoD, the staff, the kids and everyone that supports Phantom Regiment.

I keep going back to the BoD and the important decisions they made following the 12th place finish in 2019. The trajectory of the corps was unacceptable, and they did what was necessary. They are owed so much credit for what is happening today.

• Like 4

Can’t wait to see them tonight and Saturday in San Antonio. I’ll be taking my 19yo son to his first drum corps show. A couple of months ago (before I got tickets) he randomly mentioned that he missed seeing his sister do all the things with her high school band, Reagan. (Rose Parade, BOA, Macy’s…) I’d never really gotten the impression he was much into it (probably isn’t really, TBH) so I was caught off guard when he mentioned it. Then I checked to see what the ticket situation was…

the-simpsons-mr-burns.gif

50 yard line, row 8. He’s in for a shock, LOL.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

I keep going back to the BoD and the important decisions they made following the 12th place finish in 2019. The trajectory of the corps was unacceptable, and they did what was necessary. They are owed so much credit for what is happening today.

I couldn't agree more.  When they completely upgraded the BoD and brought back JD, I knew the future had swung, upped my donation level and got excited again.  I knew this was coming, but not this fast.  I'm in awe.  In the last 3 judged years to go from barely 12th to 8th to possibly as high as 5th?  Incredible.  It's like the theme Exogenisis.  They've created a new, relevant Phantom Regiment that still FEELS like Phantom Regiment.  

6 minutes ago, TexasPRfan said:

I couldn't agree more.  When they completely upgraded the BoD and brought back JD, I knew the future had swung, upped my donation level and got excited again.  I knew this was coming, but not this fast.  I'm in awe.  In the last 3 judged years to go from barely 12th to 8th to possibly as high as 5th?  Incredible.  It's like the theme Exogenisis.  They've created a new, relevant Phantom Regiment that still FEELS like Phantom Regiment.  

To be honest, I didn't know if top 6 was going to be a thing again, even with the new design team. Maybe occasionally knocking on the door but regularly placing 7th. Not only am I in awe of how quickly it has happened, but that they are legitimately in the conversation for 5th (whether it stays that way or not in August). 

JD isn't a one-man show. But hiring JD enabled everything else. Just tremendous.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kdaddy said:

To be honest, I didn't know if top 6 was going to be a thing again, even with the new design team. Maybe occasionally knocking on the door but regularly placing 7th. Not only am I in awe of how quickly it has happened, but that they are legitimately in the conversation for 5th (whether it stays that way or not in August). 

JD isn't a one-man show. But hiring JD enabled everything else. Just tremendous.

Totally agree & better said.  It's not JUST JD, but I think it was the critical first step to bring the Phantom sound back to life and then fix the other pieces that are clearly on their way between this season and last with a lot of good staff moves.  Bravo again!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, year1buick said:

Can’t wait to see them tonight and Saturday in San Antonio. I’ll be taking my 19yo son to his first drum corps show. A couple of months ago (before I got tickets) he randomly mentioned that he missed seeing his sister do all the things with her high school band, Reagan. (Rose Parade, BOA, Macy’s…) I’d never really gotten the impression he was much into it (probably isn’t really, TBH) so I was caught off guard when he mentioned it. Then I checked to see what the ticket situation was…

the-simpsons-mr-burns.gif

50 yard line, row 8. He’s in for a shock, LOL.

Yell extra loud for those of us that can’t be there. Anxious to hear what your son thinks of today’s drum corps. After all these shows are designed for his age group.

12 minutes ago, TexasPRfan said:

Totally agree & better said.  It's not JUST JD, but I think it was the critical first step to bring the Phantom sound back to life and then fix the other pieces that are clearly on their way between this season and last with a lot of good staff moves.  Bravo again!

I think if it weren’t for JD returning, Phantom never would’ve gotten Estudillo and the talented Pacific Crest staff two years ago, nor would they have gotten the SCV/Cavies visual staff this past off-season. Shaw just unlocked doors for Phantom that we could’ve only dreamt about in 2019.

And none of this is to mention the BoD that did whatever necessary to get to this point so quickly. With the exception of BAC’s miraculous jump in 2017, I don’t think another corps has done so much in such a short amount of time with very little starting out like Phantom has.

Edited by college-phan
  • Like 4

Did Phantom hand down their 2014 Swan Lake unis to Crosssmen? Seriously 😂

• Haha 2