Phantom Regiment 2023

On 7/22/2023 at 2:49 PM, Sutasaurus said:

How about a rotating DNA strand Rockford File?

That is a really great idea actually, fusing a traditional visual with their modern show concept. I also expect we'll get a kick out from the modified wedge circle/egg at the end of the show!

Electric performance at the Denton, TX show (was there live), and from San Antonio as I've read and heard. Regiment hitting strides during the Texas Tour part of the season! Tight scores but the crowds are connecting with the show. Just wanted to share some excellent hornline footage from a Regiment alum who I had the pleasure of being next to in the lot, and got to see Tony Hall who was also present.

Several of the warm-up exercises are straight from the early-mid 2000's era, and I have noticed a great improvement in their "lot presence" from year to year since 2019. It is great having the classic hornline arc back, my face was absolutely melted! You can also find the footage of Canon/Firebird in the their channel as well. 

• Thanks 2

More drill inbound

Stay tuned, may update later

• Like 6

2 hours ago, RebelGTP said:

More drill inbound

Stay tuned, may update later

Kewl!

Any news about any musical changes coming?  The transition from the big company front push and soloist in the closer to the high tempo finish always seems too abrupt to me - hoping there might be finishing touches to come.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dciphan79 said:

The transition from the big company front push and soloist in the closer to the high tempo finish always seems too abrupt to me - hoping there might be finishing touches to come.  

THIS is what I've been saying all along. Disjointed is the term I used. I would 86 that bari solo as it stops the natural flow of the music (IMO).

• Like 1

Any updates? I trust this design team will maximize this show’s potential. In case you’re reading this Tony…. Marie absolutely loved you.  I do too. You’ve assembled an incredible team and JD, thank your for restoring this amazing sound! The percussion staff and performers are getting stronger with each performance. You are simply the best!  To the guard and dance team….what a beautiful contribution you all have made to this production. Can’t wait to see how this season unfolds.

please please please keep this design/instruction staff in place for years to come because y’all are doing an AMAZING job.

many thanks!

SUTA!

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Like 5

Thank you for an amazing performance tonight in Hattiesburg. You will knock ‘em dead come finals!

• Like 1