Ageout numbers 2022

21 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Your comment is facts! Boston is here. And let me say I called this before the season started that Boston was a contender, and I was laughed at. Boston will win a title. It's not if..............it's when. 

However brother, I will push back ever so slightly in regard to the Check Engine Light for BD. In the last ten years, we have seen Crown and Bloo earn titles and do absolutely phenomenal in the individual captions. Each time, quite a few said this will impact BD in top two finishes etc. After Crown's title, BD goes on about their business and wins two straight in 2014-15. 

Bloo wins in 2016. And remember BD didn't take home any caption awards that year for the first time since 2005. Devils turn around and win three of the next four championships in 2017/2019/2022 with two of those undefeated seasons. 

Can Boston be different? Of course they can!!! But until someone "Consistently" threatens BD year in and year out in "ALL" the captions across the sheets to the point it's threatening their overall placement, BD shouldn't be looking under the hood of the car. It just might be time for the standard 3000 mile oil change and tire rotation. 

100%!   Yes, Boston had a great season, but let's see what they do for the next 3 or 4 years.  BD focus on BD, nobody else.  

• Like 2

On 8/19/2022 at 10:12 AM, DAYGO said:

100%!   Yes, Boston had a great season, but let's see what they do for the next 3 or 4 years.  BD focus on BD, nobody else.  

I think all corps should focus on themselves and nobody else. They can only control what they do.

• Like 1

There is no question that if a corps returns a large number of members, especially a top tier competitor, it is likely that they are going to be strong.  However,  the actual number of ageouts a corps has is not nearly the "predictor" that it used to be.  First off, a large number (larger than ever) of members just march a a season or two, and that's it.  Cost is HUGE.  Some corps do offer discounts to returning members...some even use a sliding scale for years served.  Still, many plan on a year or two max, and that is it....certainly understandable these days.  Back in the day, we didn't even start inquiring about an eligible member's return until November....giving them time to recharge their batteries and think about it.  Some would say right away if they are coming back or not....some would wait several months....also, top corps attract top talent.....so you may have a 20 or 21 year old "rookie" who is every bit as good as others that marched 4 seasons.....some may come from strong college, high school, and indoor programs.  Some may have marched with a smaller corps, or even with another finalist, so they are not really "rookies".  The bottom line is you may have a corps with a huge number of new people, yet the corps very well might do just fine....it depends on the corps, the talent level, and the vehicle that the staff gives them.

• Like 1