Blue Devils in the Details 2023

1 hour ago, NakedEye said:

How about this - they pull fabric out of those openings first and then lay/pose on it in the shapes?! Best of both worlds! 😂 They have the guard massed on the props now, which makes it likely they will next tilt at least some of them up and go through the passage.

It's fun to speculate, but I'm sure whatever they will do will add something great.

Does anyone here know if BD360 is going to do their usual breakdown of each movement of the show? I love hearing about their thought process. Plus, it also gives us more fodder for speculation. 

Also, I rewatched last night’s performance and noticed that the front ensemble’s audio levels were higher than usual while the brass sounded lower. That has to be Flo, right? I’m curious to hear what the closer sounded like at the stadium. 

2 minutes ago, Rylan said:

Does anyone here know if BD360 is going to do their usual breakdown of each movement of the show? I love hearing about their thought process. Plus, it also gives us more fodder for speculation. 

Also, I rewatched last night’s performance and noticed that the front ensemble’s audio levels were higher than usual while the brass sounded lower. That has to be Flo, right? I’m curious to hear what the closer sounded like at the stadium. 

Not sure about Flo, but I did watch a youtube video last night of their performance yesterday and noticed the balance between the soloists in the ballad and the rest of the ensemble was SIGNIFICANTLY better. I shouldn't have doubted BD would correct this, but it had been hampering my enjoyment of that movement until now 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

My apologies if I'm missing something obvious, but I don't get into studying all the high concept ideas in these shows.

During  the closer when they march the rotating Olympic rings, there's a gap in every one of the rings as they rotate. Is there some reason for this that I missing?  

9 minutes ago, mboogey73 said:

My apologies if I'm missing something obvious, but I don't get into studying all the high concept ideas in these shows.

During  the closer when they march the rotating Olympic rings, there's a gap in every one of the rings as they rotate. Is there some reason for this that I missing?  

For me, I never really saw them as rings. I saw them more as all the ideas/pieces of Matisse are now “swirling around” to join together to represent his entire body of work. Then, they tie it all up with a bow with the closer by literally adding a frame to his artwork. At least that’s my interpretation of it. 🤷

There’s also a good chance they’ll change it again so I can’t look too deeply into it just yet. 😂 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Rylan said:

I know they filmed stuff for it, because they had a reel or something that showed quick clips of various members sitting in a chair to talk about the show, like they do every year. However, it's now pretty late, so it may be dumped all at once when they have it ready. I do miss the media team they had some years back, who released almost a mini-documentary every few weeks. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

I know they filmed stuff for it, because they had a reel or something that showed quick clips of various members sitting in a chair to talk about the show, like they do every year. However, it's now pretty late, so it may be dumped all at once when they have it ready. I do miss the media team they had some years back, who released almost a mini-documentary every few weeks. 

I didn’t realize they had switched media teams! I did notice them being less active

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I didn’t realize they had switched media teams! I did notice them being less active

It seems BD360 has been focusing more on reels/shorts than long-form media this year. I wish they’d do both. 

Crown has been upping their media. They do a video recap after each one of their shows which is nice. 

Edited by Rylan
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

That's just my assumption, but they used to put out really extensive stuff and it has been much more sparse the past several seasons. 

• Thanks 1

I've tried to be optimistic about it, but the screamer doing the step up high notes while they're moving into the set for the big push in the ballad is not working. It's a distraction because it's very thin, shaky, and takes away from the ensemble. If dude could nail it every time with some power it would be a different story, but that's not what's happening. Save that screamer for the very last note he hits, which is much more impactful.

Edited by mboogey73
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1