Blue Devils in the Details 2023

If they don’t change or add anything else, i would be ok with that. But you KNOW they aren’t done yet!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DWW11 said:

If they don’t change or add anything else, i would be ok with that. But you KNOW they aren’t done yet!

No ma'am! They are no where near done! And they still gotta clean up the visual in the closer, which let's be honest we all know they will. 

• Like 6

Tonight has been the best run I’ve seen from BD so far! 

But also, I think the rest of the top 4 all had amazing runs so it just means BD is just that good. 

With so much more to clean and so much more to add, I can’t wait to see where this goes!

💙

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Rylan said:

Tonight has been the best run I’ve seen from BD so far! 

But also, I think the rest of the top 4 all had amazing runs so it just means BD is just that good. 

With so much more to clean and so much more to add, I can’t wait to see where this goes!

💙

I agree! I have been waiting for them to throw down like this. Congratulations, Blue Devils! Keep the pedal to the metal, everyone!

• Like 5

Random question: is there an over/under on how long the two horn players front right can remain standing on their heads should there be a technical delay to starting the show?  Asking for a friend.

19 hours ago, Cappybara said:

That closer sounds CRAZY. Can't wait until they finalize it, they added so much more momentum to the closing moments. Love the silks they're spinning on top of the table as well, just a beautiful and colorful visual program this year that really pops no matter what field they're performing on

Love the changes made to the closer! I also love the several sections where the guard is all on the same equipment- it is very impactful. The only thing that jumps out every time I watch them is the tuba soli. The last bit is so muddy I can’t make out the melody. That aside, I love this show! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Vacon3 said:

Love the changes made to the closer! I also love the several sections where the guard is all on the same equipment- it is very impactful. The only thing that jumps out every time I watch them is the tuba soli. The last bit is so muddy I can’t make out the melody. That aside, I love this show! 

It’s been muddy all season! I mentioned it in the Crown thread too when I was talking about brass scores. Definitely needs to be cleaned up, because the high brass is doing some pretty impressive stuff in Jojo’s but the clarity isn’t there yet for the low brass

17 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

It’s been muddy all season! I mentioned it in the Crown thread too when I was talking about brass scores. Definitely needs to be cleaned up, because the high brass is doing some pretty impressive stuff in Jojo’s but the clarity isn’t there yet for the low brass

Yeah in this year that seems to have been collectively chosen as a tuba feature year, theirs stands out for muddiness — it’s hard but they gotta clean it up. Props to them for choosing Incidents in Jazz of all things for a tuba feature though LOL crazy

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Like 5

Will leave this here 🙂 

Closer cleaning up a ton already, flag work is still a little muddy. I personally think the closer still needs a little bit more dramatic flair in the buildup to the final chord but that’s just me. Excited to see what changes they still have in store, and congrats to BD on the HUGE statement win last night 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

in the audience recordings from the stands last night BD sounds SO freakin good omg

• Like 4