Blue Devils in the Details 2023

15 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

I just came here to say literally that! The additional power ballad-y drum set might wind up being really nice  — it makes something click in the second verse of BSN’s chorus that wasn’t clicking for me before. I wanna hear it in a better recording to really decide.

Not a bad performance at all. Didn’t quite connect as well as I know they can, guard dropped a few, battery fuzzed a few, screamer didn’t nail it, but aside from obvious errors you can absolutely see how the baseline level of performance gets better and better. Now they just gotta eliminate the silly mistakes, which, it’s funny, I feel like BD lets persist longer than other corps would. This is the week when that will all disappear. 

Is the picture frame new, or have i been missing it?

12 minutes ago, DWW11 said:

Is the picture frame new, or have i been missing it?

It's new. Debut at Allentown

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Do you suppose that, after the last note resolves, the MM all strike a Matisse pose?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, mboogey73 said:

Percussion caption has been the most volatile this year. Crown was running 4th or 5th routinely, now they're near the top. 

I pointed out a while ago the issue BD was having with their achievement versus content scores and whether or not it was time to break out the hose.  We're going to find out. 

The CLEANING hose, or the "if you MMs don't get this show SOLIDLY into 1st place, I'm bringing out the hose, and I'm not afraid to use it" hose.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Rylan said:

Just saw a recipe for the Pittsburgh show and they did some rearranging for a few parts and added a few more things here and there. The additions of the power ballad-style drumset to the ballad and the rallentandos, in particular, are a nice touch. Gosh, I really love this show. And especially this ballad.

Contras SO close to getting that feature clean. And mass flag feature at end IS clean - wow!

• Like 4

4xxbtyf63pgb1.jpg

Stole this from Reddit, would be a fun little shirt to wear at a competition, just gotta slap a BD logo on the back 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, theonlyfizzle said:

It's new. Debut at Allentown

Most of it debuted at Allentown. They had a glitch in rolling it out and it wasn’t completed.

or was that the previous show? I am watching way too much drum corps on screens.

Edited by lawdn
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, lawdn said:

Most of it debuted at Allentown. They had a glitch in rolling it out and it wasn’t completed.

It’s a tricky little sucker. They have to roll it out in time for a flagline on the move to be able to step over it to take their spots on the props. 

• Like 4

Last night in pburgh it also looks like they don’t do the frame all around?

4 hours ago, lawdn said:

or was that the previous show? I am watching way too much drum corps on screens.

Yes, Yes and maybe on watching on too much screens like me lol. We need that live show viewing. Unfortunately i won't get to this year so maybe next....

• Like 1