The Cavaliers 2023

1 hour ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Has anyone been keeping up with their practice sessions? They have had multiple of practice days. I'm expecting some major changes.

I'm expecting significant cleaning and some reductions and tweaks in the score to make the music flow better.

They've been busy in the Chicagoland area with their community commitments the past week and a half, but are likely on the road by now.

I expect them to score in the low 80s when they get to Mississippi. Should be interesting!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

I'm expecting significant cleaning and some reductions and tweaks in the score to make the music flow better.

They've been busy in the Chicagoland area with their community commitments the past week and a half, but are likely on the road by now.

I expect them to score in the low 80s when they get to Mississippi. Should be interesting!

I actually thought about making the trip to Mississippi to see them, but work lol!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

low 80s is expected but there will be eight corps with higher scores.  Cavaliers have only two chances to improve their scores before seeding for San Antonio. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, dcifanforlife said:

low 80s is expected but there will be eight corps with higher scores.  Cavaliers have only two chances to improve their scores before seeding for San Antonio. 

I don't agree with that, but interesting that they only have a few opportunities to showcase their show. 

Does anyone know why they have so many holes on the field? Hopefully that is improved in Mississippi. My biggest disappointment most years with the cavies of late has been their low out of the gate scores.  I expect low eighties in Tupelo followed by like 85 for placement in San Antonio. Fingers crossed. 

watch them score 85 tomorrow just to prove my doubting is rediculus.

Edited by dureau

10 hours ago, dureau said:

Does anyone know why they have so many holes on the field? Hopefully that is improved in Mississippi. My biggest disappointment most years with the cavies of late has been their low out of the gate scores.  I expect low eighties in Tupelo followed by like 85 for placement in San Antonio. Fingers crossed. 

watch them score 85 tomorrow just to prove my doubting is rediculus.

They had a fair few air quality concerns in Adrian, MI to deal with and by all accounts, Cavies are legit serious about managing the health of their members through the season.  I'm sure they'll be ready to fire on all cylinders with this show when it counts.  

21 hours ago, dcifanforlife said:

For tonight's show there are not 8 corps that will have higher scores. The only other corps in their tier as of now that is at this show is Cadets. 

5 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

For tonight's show there are not 8 corps that will have higher scores. The only other corps in their tier as of now that is at this show is Cadets. 

The Cavaliers have a shot at winning tonight.... interesting. Should be neat! Hopefully they break 80!