Madison Scouts 2023

39 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

Oh duh. Glasses were off. Yes, I am sad about it. Trying not to have my saddness turn to hatred, becasue that's the emotion I'm reallly feeling towards Madison, a corps I've loved most of my life, lately.

Yes yes 100% this. So angry that poor decision making has ruined a drum corps I’ve loved so much. It’s not about all male but can they just please put together a good show????

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MM2006 said:

Yes yes 100% this. So angry that poor decision making has ruined a drum corps I’ve loved so much. It’s not about all male but can they just please put together a good show????

No, this failed regime cannot put together a good show. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, TenHut said:

No, this failed regime cannot put together a good show. 

I shudder to think how bad it would be without Borma.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Vuitton said:

As an alumni, I have volunteered and donated. You have to understand that Madison is a dictatorship, with Chris as the dictator. There's no room for criticsm, even constructive, ears are closed to all other voices, board meetings are closed. There can't be a vote of no confidence because everyone on the board cowtows to Chris. There's no one to make a change because no one can make a change.

It's my understanding that the By-Laws have been changed in greater favor of the current administration. Trying to vote out an entire Board would be next to impossible.

From their By-Laws. "Director refers" to a sitting Board member. The Board hires and fires. As I understand it you'd need 6 of the current Board directors to vote out the entire Board.

'Section 7 Removal of Directors: At any meeting of the Board called expressly for that
purpose, any director, including the entire Board, may be removed by an affirmative
two-thirds majority vote by the current Board. If the Board votes to remove the entire
Board, then the Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, and Treasurer will serve as the interim
Board until directors are duly elected to the Board pursuant to these Bylaws As soon
as practical, the interim Board must meet to elect directors. Any director elected to fill a
vacancy which results from the removal of a director shall serve the remainder of the
term of the removed director and until a successor is elected by the Board."

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Gantang said:

It's my understanding that the By-Laws have been changed in greater favor of the current administration. Trying to vote out an entire Board would be next to impossible.

From their By-Laws. "Director refers" to a sitting Board member. The Board hires and fires. As I understand it you'd need 6 of the current Board directors to vote out the entire Board.

'Section 7 Removal of Directors: At any meeting of the Board called expressly for that
purpose, any director, including the entire Board, may be removed by an affirmative
two-thirds majority vote by the current Board. If the Board votes to remove the entire
Board, then the Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, and Treasurer will serve as the interim
Board until directors are duly elected to the Board pursuant to these Bylaws As soon
as practical, the interim Board must meet to elect directors. Any director elected to fill a
vacancy which results from the removal of a director shall serve the remainder of the

This is pretty much the definition of a Self-Licking Ice Cream Cone

• Haha 1

Better Every Day!

This organization is really giving me a Pioneer vibe. 

But maybe this is me being “toxic.”   Everything is just great and headed in the right direction, right?  I guess so if what you’re going for is a downward direction in placement. Not sure there’s much more movement available in that direction anymore though …..

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Better Every Day!

This organization is really giving me a Pioneer vibe. 

But maybe this is me being “toxic.”   Everything is just great and headed in the right direction, right?  I guess so if what you’re going for is a downward direction in placement. Not sure there’s much more movement available in that direction anymore though …..

C'mon, now. Things might be down and out for the Madison Scouts; but Pioneer was about as rock bottom organizationally (in all areas, on and off the field) as you could get. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Gantang said:

This is essentially Marxism like leadership. Don't allow free speech or anyone to challenge. It's pathetic. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, corps8294 said:

C'mon, now. Things might be down and out for the Madison Scouts; but Pioneer was about as rock bottom organizationally (in all areas, on and off the field) as you could get. 

And this is the bottom for the Scouts. It isn't good folks. 

Edited by TenHut
  • Sad 2

What I just don't understand is GARDEN IS IN THE TITLE and you come up with a ball of yarn? Look at how colorful the Bluecoats garden theme show is. I mean these people can't even seen what's right in front of them. I get that it's the "sound" garden, but good Lord they just design crap after crap after crap.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1