Madison Scouts 2023

1 hour ago, TenHut said:

A winner of what?

Not going to feed your negativity loop on the Madison Scouts, bud. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ThePlanets said:

This is a great year for DCI and to me there is a paper thin difference from the Colts down to the Scouts.But so many corps have gotten better while Madison hasn't made big improvements. And in what world of drum corps is 5 points a paper thin margin?

The placement in the ordinals doesn't look good this year- and that's not good for recruiting but this is one of the most enjoyable shows of the year. Enjoyable, but a step above bottom 5. Using your paper thin margin spread and the latest scores, Madison is 2.3 from being in the bottom 5. BOTTOM 5.

2019 was old school as it gets but they brought the house down at semi finals regardless of placement. 
Placement matters.

8 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Not going to feed your negativity loop on the Madison Scouts, bud. 

Negative or realistic? To Win means you bested all others. I think there are many Madison fans made up of alumni and the general public who think Madison has devolved into less than mediocrity. we herald the work the kids are doing while pointing out the seemingly inept leadership.

Since Mason left, there has been no guidance or guardrail provider in that organization. Jim may not have been Director or Executive Director, but he was the true leader. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, TenHut said:

A winner of what?

They are looking at 16th or 17th place in a field of 20 (or so).  That’s not negative or toxic. That’s just a fact. I would not call that winners. I shouldn’t have to say this every time but - you can support the marching members and call them winners and I agree completely. At the same time, from a competitive standpoint, and this absolutely IS a competitive activity (they do assign scores, after all), they have a several year ongoing streak of failure under this director and board of directors. That Will not change unless these people are replaced. Yet, they have shut out alumni and changed the rules to completely insulate themselves from the consequences of their failure.  Hence the frustration you see here. If some wish to call that toxic or negative, go for it. 

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Gantang said:

Negative or realistic? To Win means you bested all others. I think there are many Madison fans made up of alumni and the general public who think Madison has devolved into less than mediocrity. we herald the work the kids are doing while pointing out the seemingly inept leadership.

Since Mason left, there has been no guidance or guardrail provider in that organization. Jim may not have been Director or Executive Director, but he was the true leader. 

Doesn’t matter, I’m not participating in it. I’ll leave the Madison alums to it

Sorry for injecting a little positivity in this thread. I’ll be sure to consult you on it next time

Edited by Cappybara

2 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Doesn’t matter, I’m not participating in it. I’ll leave the Madison alums to it

Hmmm...what about non-Madison alumni who have been Madison fans for 48 years? Is either group's opinion invalid?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gantang said:

Hmmm...what about non-Madison alumni who have been Madison fans for 48 years? Is either group's opinion invalid?

Where did I say anything about validity? 

I'm not the one shutting down any positive opinions about my own corps.

Sad.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Where did I say anything about validity? 

I'm not the one shutting down any positive opinions about my own corps.

Sad.

Who is shutting down positive opinions? It seems that all opinions are welcome here, and forum users can read those they choose and comment on those that evoke an opinion. If you find something that you deem negative and that is factually untrue, please point it out. But if you're just looking for positive opinions, you're in the wrong century. In the internet age all comers are welcome, and free speech thrives. In the old days, people would sit at home and opine to those who would listen. Now, people sit at a keyboard and opine to those who will listen. 

I asked, "Negative or Reality", and you glossed over it. Sometimes reality is hard for people to accept. This is not a good or winning drum corps, and the people at the helm are the reason why. And parting shots are never a good thing. There's no reason to be snarky. No one need consult anyone but that door swings both ways. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1