Bluecoats 2023

10 hours ago, Dmlkmen said:

Always intriguing with this corps….I’ll share a  thought and observation since we don’t know what they will be playing this year until 1 second before their first appearance. 

In the past few years….We have seen ramps, humongous chairs, polka dots, a giant roller thingy trying to chop off heads….and we all know this is just the short list. 

It makes me think back to a drum corps saying. If I remember correctly, Rondinaro said we might see jet packs on the field at some point. While I think he meant VK actually trying that one day… with The Bluecoats, I believe this will literally/ actually happen. We will see someone, one day, actually fly across the field. 

But that is the fun of this corps. 

We are going to see something from this corps we have never seen before this year. I don’t have to see that preseason to know that anymore. I have accepted that as their MO every year, going forward. 

But unlike having a prop with another corps I just don’t understand- the Bluecoats seem to take it to incredible, athletic levels each year. Makes it fun - something like a circus act. 

I’ll admit I am getting old in this activity. 2016, with what Bluecoats ushered in with no hats, jazzercise instead of drill, and ramps- almost saw me taking the Dino land exit off the expressway. I knew one era was over and another one was beginning. I had to ponder some things….

But…While I would have told my marching instructor in 1993, “ W.T.F?” if he made me climb and push a ramp before I could play my horn part…..I think the Bluecoats demonstrate how far we’ve come. I see in each performance that the kids are having the time of their lives. And that’s what it’s all about. 

And since those ramps and jumpsuit uniforms of 2016, I have made my peace with them and their unorthodox approach.  

I anticipate what they will do next.

Their repertoire is all Bluecoats, it's the presentation that's going to stir things. 

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

Their repertoire is all Bluecoats, it's the presentation that's going to stir things. 

I can't wait to see this show. The things I've heard on here and from other sources, particularly about the uniforms, have got me on the edge of my seat. My body is ready for whatever weird s*** they're gonna be throwing at us this year!

Let's go Bloo!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, karuna said:

What a great potential hint!

• Thanks 1