Bluecoats 2023

While not against their chief competitors, this is definitely showing the cleaning has paid off. My Bloo always tells me that staff is consistently telling them that this show can win; you just have to buy in 💯 .  Nevertheless, gonna hold this day in my memory that Bloo is on top….The race to Indy has begun.
HERE. WE. GO. 

Edited by Maleguena1988
  • Like 7

9 minutes ago, Maleguena1988 said:

While not against their chief competitors, this is definitely showing the cleaning has paid off. My Bloo always tells me that staff is consistently telling them that this show can win; you just have to buy in 💯 .  Nevertheless, gonna hold this day in my memory that Bloo is on top….The race to Indy has begun.
HERE. WE. GO. 

Well I think they were up against their chief competitors...the judges 🙂 

And Bloo won! 😉 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, oldbandguy said:

Well I think they were up against their chief competitors...the judges 🙂 

And Bloo won! 😉 

Not taking anything away from tonight, please don’t misunderstand….it is ON now - the race to 99 is ON

• Like 2

And still, other than brass, the message I see is keep cleaning, and you will be rewarded

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

And still, other than brass, the message I see is keep cleaning, and you will be rewarded

Yup.  And even in the brass, I think the content is there to show through as they clean. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, An_drew said:

The imagery invoked in the poem and the show can be a metaphor for anything, but as someone who is in the LGBTQ+ community, I can confirm that this show really hits me emotionally. I was just watching a recording taken from the stands at NightBEAT, and I started tearing up when they got to "...and I saw that it was filled with graves, and tombstones where flowers should be..."

Because I remember what it was like being a teenager and realizing that my Garden of Love was filled with graves.

This show is so special. I'm proud to call myself a fan and a supporter of this corps.

Love. This. 
Well said. 
Now, knowing this, I will tear up with you  

Edited by Maleguena1988
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, An_drew said:

The imagery invoked in the poem and the show can be a metaphor for anything, but as someone who is in the LGBTQ+ community, I can confirm that this show really hits me emotionally. I was just watching a recording taken from the stands at NightBEAT, and I started tearing up when they got to "...and I saw that it was filled with graves, and tombstones where flowers should be..."

Because I remember what it was like being a teenager and realizing that my Garden of Love was filled with graves.

This show is so special. I'm proud to call myself a fan and a supporter of this corps.

This is really lovely and is hitting me hard as there was just a murder of a gay man in my current home city (Brooklyn, NY) while I’ve been out of town, so I will def think of your post when I watch Bloo this weekend - thanks for that. 

• Like 7