Bluecoats 2023

1 hour ago, Precious Roy said:

I noticed this in the ballad, as well. The first full horn block ensemble hit is soooo restrained. Most other corps would play this hit as loud as they could -- seems like a logical place for ffffff. But the 'Coats brass holds back at this part, and saves the higher decibels for several measures later.

They came in a lot louder on the impact earlier in the season, love that they save a little and really let it blossom after the first phrase there.  Great change!  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DrumManTx said:

They came in a lot louder on the impact earlier in the season, love that they save a little and really let it blossom after the first phrase there.  Great change!  

Also, much safer to come in at comfortable dynamic to avoid the “fracks,  cracks, and gacks” disease 🙂

I noticed how much enjoyment was on their faces in Allentown. And someone else phrased it as, “a Bloo that is having fun is dangerous”. 

Yeah. Overlook this corps and show at your own risk. 

it’s criminal that ANY of these top four shows has to end up 4th though. So there ls no shame if it happens. 

You do you, Bloo. Let the chips fall where they do

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, Maleguena1988 said:

Love that NOBODY on forums is talking about Bloo right now. Just like last year. 🙂

Yeah....seems to be general concensus that Bloo is locked in 4th, despite BC/BAC/Crown being locked in tight with each other, and with BAC seeming to have been noted as having not much more cleaning to do.

Monday's head-to-head BC/BAC matchup will be a good barometer.  However, with several days remaining after that, anything could happen.

• Like 2

I will give it to BAC and Crown fans…they are a passionate group!

Weather looks ominous in both Canton and Pittsburgh…maybe no one gets another shot before Indy.  Figures, since I am headed to canton rn. Remember Akron show last year? Deluge right before show. 

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

I noticed how much enjoyment was on their faces in Allentown. And someone else phrased it as, “a Bloo that is having fun is dangerous”. 

Yeah. Overlook this corps and show at your own risk. 

it’s criminal that ANY of these top four shows has to end up 4th though. So there ls no shame if it happens. 

You do you, Bloo. Let the chips fall where they do

With scores this close at the top, ties become more likely, statistically. Just saying.

Edited by MikeRapp

29 minutes ago, Maleguena1988 said:

Love that NOBODY on forums is talking about Bloo right now. Just like last year. 🙂

There's a whole forum to talk about them right here though?