Queen Elizabeth II Funeral Pomp & Circumstance

9 hours ago, ironlips said:

Yes, I see the distinction you make. Royal Succession can become quite dicey, but there's always a fine display of horns, banners and drums involved, not to mention horses.

This next round will be no exception.

With absolutely no disrespect to the Queen, it might be more fun for them to play this out "Game of Thrones" style.  Think I'm hooked on "House of Dragons"now...

But I hope this brings reconciliation to their family.  

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

2 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

This commercial really got my emotions when I first viewed it this week; especially when my wife told me the story behind Paddington Bear during WWII.  

Just googled Paddington Bear WWII and didn’t know this, wow…

And many London kids were sent out to the countryside during the Blitz.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Just googled Paddington Bear WWII and didn’t know this, wow…

And many London kids were sent out to the countryside during the Blitz.

And the Princess Elizabeth and Princess Margaret stayed in London with King George VI and Queen Elizabeth.  She was a truck mechanic in the war, too.  She lived a good life.  

• Like 3

I didn't know the Royal Guard uses lyres. Does everyone call them that or is that just the ones that are actually shaped like lyres? The things that hold a small piece of your sheet music on your horn. Also, do they use those in drum corps? If so, I've never noticed.

36 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

And the Princess Elizabeth and Princess Margaret stayed in London with King George VI and Queen Elizabeth.  She was a truck mechanic in the war, too.  She lived a good life.  

George VI must have been a character within the family. Elizabeth was working on a truck and couldn’t get it to start. Then the King showed her the part he took out so it wouldn’t start. 😈😆

Something a mechanics son (me) would remember.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

I didn't know the Royal Guard uses lyres. Does everyone call them that or is that just the ones that are actually shaped like lyres? The things that hold a small piece of your sheet music on your horn. Also, do they use those in drum corps? If so, I've never noticed.

In Drum Corps, the music is memorized.

The bands involved in Changing of the Guard generally use lures, as much of the music changes daily.  Individual musicians may have it memorized after a few practice run throughs, but in general everyone has a lyre for the sake of visual consistency (college band I was in did it for the same reason).

24 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

In Drum Corps, the music is memorized.

The bands involved in Changing of the Guard generally use lures, as much of the music changes daily.  Individual musicians may have it memorized after a few practice run throughs, but in general everyone has a lyre for the sake of visual consistency (college band I was in did it for the same reason).

I’ve seen them in alumni corps.  I’ve never used one myself.  I never had any trouble memorizing music.  I memorized two shows in 2002. 

• Like 1