Troopers 2023: To Lasso the Sun

25 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Southern Raised - but yes very good

It is a family band - the bass & two women are siblings.  The banjo is married to (I think) the mandolin player

🤦‍♀️

Opps, my bad !

1 hour ago, Keith Hall said:

Love to hear "You Are The Sunshine Of My Life"

Yeah, I don't know if that's what Troop is reaching for here (I have zero actual knowledge; just personal musing). Given where Troopers have come from in 2022 -- an oozing, dystopian show about the corruption of greed -- I kinda think 2023 is not going to be a Mr. Happy Sunshine on My Shoulders John Denver Singalong. I get the vibe that "lasso the Sun" is less Stevie Wonder; more Icarus. Less Fun in the Sun, and more Playing with Fire. Less daring-do; more hubris. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

Yeah, I don't know if that's what Troop is reaching for here (I have zero actual knowledge; just personal musing). Given where Troopers have come from in 2022 -- an oozing, dystopian show about the corruption of greed -- I kinda think 2023 is not going to be a Mr. Happy Sunshine on My Shoulders John Denver Singalong. I get the vibe that "lasso the Sun" is less Stevie Wonder; more Icarus. Less Fun in the Sun, and more Playing with Fire. Less daring-do; more hubris. 

I wonder if they will use solar to power their pit/amps?   Or to charge batteries for indoor stadiums  

• Haha 3

On 10/18/2022 at 12:24 PM, IllianaLancerContra said:

Southern Raised - but yes very good

It is a family band - the bass & two women are siblings.  The banjo is married to (I think) the mandolin player

I listened to several of Southern Raised songs.

They do  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Maybe its me, but the part of the song, beginning at 3:10 of their video on YouTube, sure sounds a lot like Voracious.

I am so excited for the Troopers.  This year they had a highly entertaining, and a well designed show that got them back into the top 12.  I know they will have the best recruiting year they have had in a while, because students will have been inspired by the 2022 show.  More talent, with a good staff in place can only bring even brighter days ahead for the corps from Casper.  I am sure their guard will double in size in 2023.  They had a talented guard this year, but they just needed more bodies on the field.  The bottom line is I have not been this pumped about the Troopers in a very long time.  Go Troop!

• Like 5

• 2 months later...