2022 BluRay/DVD/Audio Cd

8 hours ago, gbass598 said:

So on Nov 9 I got an email from DCI saying the downloads were coming towards the end of November with audio of all of the Semifinalists. Here we are at mid December with nothing yet.

Who do we think is being difficult on licensing and holding up the process?

Probably Tresona. 

10 hours ago, jameseuph said:

Probably Tresona. 

I don't think Tresona is the issue. They seem to be pretty efficient at managing the rights process because they want the money as the middle man. The holds ups generally occur when a specific rights holder wants to be difficult. Some are extremely difficult.

12 hours ago, gbass598 said:

I don't think Tresona is the issue. They seem to be pretty efficient at managing the rights process because they want the money as the middle man. The holds ups generally occur when a specific rights holder wants to be difficult. Some are extremely difficult.

agreed. or DCI needed more time for the engineering to be completed

Ditto. I'm getting a little bored with the Chipmunks Christmas tune myself. 

• Haha 2

Last year the 2021 summer downloads didn't come out until January...I know that was the weird COVID summer, so we can't base this year off of that, but I wouldn't be surprised if we have to wait till January despite DCI's November announcement.  Given the recent sad news, it would be nice though if they were released next week right before Christmas - something positive coming from DCI right before the holiday :)

I'm worried that the hold-up could possibly non-music related - the narration from Bluecoats or Cadets shows.  Sometimes those voice-overs cause more issues than the music itself.  Just speculating...

8 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

I think dci has a bigger fire to put out right now

If the people handling copyrights and audio mixing are the same people who handle PR and publicity for their member groups, we've got much bigger problems.

I don't think DCI has a fire to put out. The heads of the member corps who do all the decision making have a collective fire to put out among themselves. I'm not sure what else DCI can do right now since SCV chose to remove themselves from competition this year other than review their finances next year before allowing them to return like they did with the Troopers and other groups.

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

I think dci has a bigger fire to put out right now

1 hour ago, gbass598 said:

If the people handling copyrights and audio mixing are the same people who handle PR and publicity for their member groups, we've got much bigger problems.

I don't think DCI has a fire to put out. The heads of the member corps who do all the decision making have a collective fire to put out among themselves. I'm not sure what else DCI can do right now since SCV chose to remove themselves from competition this year other than review their finances next year before allowing them to return like they did with the Troopers and other groups.

Probably being handled by the new guy in charge of the entrance gates at the large shows... :whistle: 

:spitting:

Edited by keystone3ply
cx