The Cadets 2023

1 minute ago, Vuitton said:

You and your momma! 🙂 

Hmmm...well I don't think she's interested in drum corps lol...

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Hmmm...well I don't think she's interested in drum corps lol...

Dude that F'in move in your signature. Eveytime I see you comment on something I spend 5 minutes watching that move over and over and over.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

Dude that F'in move in your signature. Eveytime I see you comment on something I spend 5 minutes watching that move over and over and over.

I would need 400 hands to count how many times I've watched it....and since Superfan delivered his precious rehearsal footage gems a couple years ago, I have them stored on my phone and watch them on my commute to work (I take the metro so don't think I'm driving and watching my phone lol). 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Brass Lover said:

So you think we can do better?

2 hours ago, Vuitton said:

This. This - or the modern visual equivalent - should be the gold standard. Yes, we can do better…and I trust we’re on that path!

Any word on if the Cadets have put in all the changes they are making to the show?

8 hours ago, dcikon2 said:

Any word on if the Cadets have put in all the changes they are making to the show?

My son called late yesterday and said that the changes, which they started learning right after San Antonio, will be unveiled tonight (Friday).  He wouldn't give much away only to say the ending has been overhauled and the new drill will remind everyone of "classic" Cadets.  He is extremely excited  about it.  I got my popcorn ready...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, DAYGO said:

My son called late yesterday and said that the changes, which they started learning right after San Antonio, will be unveiled tonight (Friday).  He wouldn't give much away only to say the ending has been overhauled and the new drill will remind everyone of "classic" Cadets.  He is extremely excited  about it.  I got my popcorn ready...

I hope your son is having the summer of a lifetime. Thanks for the update!

• Like 4

12 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

I would need 400 hands to count how many times I've watched it....and since Superfan delivered his precious rehearsal footage gems a couple years ago, I have them stored on my phone and watch them on my commute to work (I take the metro so don't think I'm driving and watching my phone lol). 

It's just pure genius. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Vuitton said:

It's just pure genius. 

I remember the day Jeff gave us that new drill and I looked at that block thinking "how the hell am I supposed to get back there," then I realized we had to march backwards into that set and then when it unraveled into a Z-pull, I KNEW that would drive the crowd nuts. But that set was dangerous, especially for the tubas. First time we tried it with our horns, all you could hear was "ting ting ting" from the tubas' horns hitting each other lol...then I tripped and fell in the middle of it during rehearsal a few days later. 

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2