The Cadets 2023

I’m actually glad there was no Cadets thread for a while.  Taking some time to let emotions calm down, and considering all aspects of where things are, I’m looking forward to see where this goes.   Especially anxious to find out about the 2023 program!  There are quite a few positives, for sure.

Edited by Tommeee

I loved Rearview Mirror! Hoping that 2023 has a similar vibe/show design

• Like 1

On 11/26/2022 at 9:05 PM, fsthnds said:

Who is the corps director since Ron L. left and Denise retired?

See no mention of the position among staff and management profiles

The Cadets Announce Corps Director, Key Tour Staff | The Cadets - A World Champion Drum Corps

The Cadets are pleased to announce Brian Murphy as Corps Director. “Brian brings creative capabilities, administrative skill, and love for The Cadets to this position. He is a triple threat in the most positive sense, and I am thrilled to be working with him,” said Vicki Ferrence Ray, Interim CEO of Cadets Arts & Entertainment, Inc.

Brian Murphy brings a vast background to The Cadets and has served as the Visual Coordinator for The Cadets 2021 and 2022 seasons. He has worked alongside the corps' designers and caption heads to bring the 2021 and 2022 productions to life. Brian is an alumnus of the 1985 Garfield Cadets and has been involved in the pageantry arts since 1971. Since 2004, he has been judging for WGI as a Color Guard Design Analysis and General Effect Judge. Read more about Brian here.

Jill Updike returns to The Cadets in her role as Volunteer Coordinator. “Jill is just a joy to work with and a consummate human resources professional. I know our volunteers are happy to welcome her back,” stated Ferrence Ray. Jill is a corporate human resources executive, the parent of a Cadets alumnus, and a Cadets volunteer since 2017. She has a wealth of skill and knowledge. Read more about Jill here.

Kelsey Brunson has joined the team as Assistant Tour Manager. She currently serves as the Administrative Operations Coordinator and Graduate Coordinator for the Georgia Tech School of Music. Kelsey has a decade of experience in K-12 music education, and was a member of The Cadets Drum Corps from 2010 to 2012, serving as Front Ensemble Section Leader in 2012. Read more about Kelsey here.

We welcome Emma Wierenga who will also be an Assistant Tour Manager. She is currently the Director of Bands at El Paso-Gridley High School and Middle School teaching 5-12th grade instrumental music. A former assistant drum major of The Cadets, Emma returned to the organization in 2022 as a member of the Administrative Team. Read more about Emma here.

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/26/2022 at 10:45 PM, Orwellian Wiress said:

I loved Rearview Mirror! Hoping that 2023 has a similar vibe/show design

I also enjoyed the 2022, but I'd love to see something fresh and frankly, more modern. Something unexpected in 2023 please. And PLEASE no voice.

• Like 3