Should Cadets Have Won Drums?

Seth_h

The drum judge is a well known person with a lot of juding background. I would like to think SCV did a better show, because when they were out here on the West coast they were kicking major butt.

I am not a big fan of Cadets in general, so I will reserve judgement. ampssuck

As far as the judges are concerned, I think they have a hard job and are very qualified people in general. All we can do is look to next year and see which line comes out and smokes the rest.

kimela

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the topic of judges. DCI judging is very hard to describe. Most judges know what they are talking about, some judges really do not. I may get flamed for this but this is my opinion and I have gained this from personal experience. So, judging is hard to figure out. Also, we are not saying Cadets were bad, we are just saying there were lines out that that were better or just as good.

Something I have learned over the years about judging- If finals week- judges decisions are unamious then you should probably just accept it because its most likely the right decision i.e. Cadets perc in 2003 OR Cavies perc in 2000. As much as I thought Cadets should've had the trophy in 2000 I've accepted the fact that they lost because ALL of the judges said they did.

Now in something like this year with Cadets guard- they came in 5th on quarters, 1st on semis, and 2nd on Finals. That tells me that something weird with the judges was obviously going on and that there was some controversy behind it.

P.S. There are many perc judges that know what they're talking about- like Charlie Poole, Alan Christianson, Marty Griffin, Jeff Prosperie, Glen Fugett, and they are many more that are qualified and know how to judge and make good decisions.

I have never denied that aot are good judges, but certain judges, like Todd Fox, do not know what they are talking about.

Translation... Certain judges, like Todd Fox, are not as in to what my line does as are other judges. He repeatedly gives my line bad scores, so he obviously must not know what he's talking about. It's not possible that he just assigns more value to different things than other judges. My extensive experience within the activity is certainly enough to see a bad judge when I see one. [/sarcasm]

Seriously though. Who the #### are you? Whether Todd Fox is a good judge or not, YOU haven't the right, nor likely the knowledge with only two years marching experience, to say he's not.

Jim

Now in something like this year with Cadets guard- they came in 5th on quarters, 1st on semis, and 2nd on Finals.  That tells me that something weird with the judges was obviously going on and that there was some controversy behind it.

Whats more likely to have occured than a judging consipiracy? Cadets guard had their worst perfomance of the three nights on Quarters, had a great show on Semis, and almost as good as Semis show on Finals night.

Why is it always the judges fault?

Anyways, to get back on topic....I would have liked to see BD take drums...but I trust the judges!

Now in something like this year with Cadets guard- they came in 5th on quarters, 1st on semis, and 2nd on Finals.  That tells me that something weird with the judges was obviously going on and that there was some controversy behind it.

Whats more likely to have occured than a judging consipiracy? Cadets guard had their worst perfomance of the three nights on Quarters, had a great show on Semis, and almost as good as Semis show on Finals night.

Why is it always the judges fault?

Anyways, to get back on topic....I would have liked to see BD take drums...but I trust the judges!

Actually the color guard on Quarter finals hates YEA but especially the Cadets. She put Cadets in 5th and Crossmen in 15th on quarters! She was the judge that George Hopkins did not want on the panel because he knew she was going to dump the Cadets, and she did ruining all chances at the Cadets winning guard. This is the incident where George got a penalty and could not enter the stadium on quarter finals because of it. So in this case it was the judges fault. But I agree with you in that MOST of the time I agree with the judges.