Should Cadets Have Won Drums?

Seth_h

It seems that people have a lot of issues here. The way things used to be... Who played more musically... Who had more showmanship... Etc...

It's like this... High drums goes to the line with the least ticks. The cleanest line gets the trophy. Period. By finals night, Cadets were the cleanest thing out there. Period. SC was definitely very clean too. One of my favorites this year. As were Cavs and PR. I don't mean to bash anyone here.

As far as the content of their book goes, yes it was somewhat stock Cadets, but on the other hand, it was a lot more complex and difficult than some of you guys make it out to be. And yes, they played flams. They really did.

I don't mean to offend or #### off anybody and I understand that certain people may have "heard it differently". This discussion is based on opinions. No more, no less. And everyone is entitled to their own. My opinion is that cadets were the cleanest line. But it doesn't make sense to base your argument on something that has no bearing on the outcome of the scores. The discussion is about winning drums. If we want to talk about who the best line was, that's almost a completely different topic.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, just as an aside. About the judging... Scores are never sacred, even finals night. There are many factors. Judges have there favorites and biases. They also might have there own little gripes with particular corps, whatever they may be. As much as they may try to remain impartial, it doesn't always work out that way. DCI judging is not sacred and the scores, in the end, are just numbers. Everyone has their own opinions regardless of the scores. The purpose of the activity is to perform and entertain. Isn't it entertaining anyway?

Bottom Line folks we all know who won Drums!!!!

WE DID! wasn't this just an amazing year for Drums?

After I finally got to see Cadets I am happy to announce that I am so hooked on that show!

As far as stick height go's...Wow Cavies just blow my socks off!

And musicality...Whoa SCV

Clean as ####...Cadets

Flashy and in your face BD

Musical and kind of flashy but still clean too phantom Regiment.

Honerable mention has to go to Pacific Crest! man that is a darn good line for such a young Corps!

YEP I think WE win this time!

...any day now the CD will BE here.

great post Flammaster....I agree. We all won. It was a great year for drumlines

It seems that people have a lot of issues here. The way things used to be... Who played more musically... Who had more showmanship... Etc...

It's like this... High drums goes to the line with the least ticks. The cleanest line gets the trophy. Period. By finals night, Cadets were the cleanest thing out there. Period. SC was definitely very clean too. One of my favorites this year. As were Cavs and PR. I don't mean to bash anyone here.

As far as the content of their book goes, yes it was somewhat stock Cadets, but on the other hand, it was a lot more complex and difficult than some of you guys make it out to be. And yes, they played flams. They really did.

I don't mean to offend or #### off anybody and I understand that certain people may have "heard it differently". This discussion is based on opinions. No more, no less. And everyone is entitled to their own. My opinion is that cadets were the cleanest line. But it doesn't make sense to base your argument on something that has no bearing on the outcome of the scores. The discussion is about winning drums. If we want to talk about who the best line was, that's almost a completely different topic.

Hey Ryan, whats up. Nice post. The only thing is, when it comes to the cleanest line winning that is half true, there is also the uniformity of technique side of the score. So yes, Cadets were clean, but uniform, I did not think so. And like you said, its my opinion, and thats all this post was, a way for people to exchange opinions. So if you think I'm wrong ok, I'll just tell you why I think I'm right, but is anyone definetely right, no.

Saying this by only reading the topic post and about 5 more after...

I have seen the lot vids, a bit of the cadets show, a bit of the devs show, all ofthe crossmen show 'n some other stuff but in my opinion i think the Devs should of won... I'm not shure if they did though, been to cought up doin my stuff to pass school to realy check it out.