Troopers 2023

How do we all feel about the southwestern championship?

14 minutes ago, RiverCityAndTroopersFan said:

I am loving it; hopefully maybe moving up a place or two before dci finals!

40 minutes ago, RiverCityAndTroopersFan said:

On Saturday they built themselves a solid platform to push for 10th. Music scores were solidly 9th vs. Colts' 11th. This panel of judges, anyway, tended to think Colts have just about maxed their GE potential, while they said Troop still has room to grow. It was basically the same story in the visual captions: Colts have very nearly topped out, while Troopers have some more headroom. The exception is guard, where the judges had the inverse take: Troopers need more content in order to increase the score, while Colts' guard is still growing into its book.

Drums, too, could provide a random score pop, depending on the judge. Less than a week ago Troopercussion beat Mandarins drums by 0.3; last night the just gave Mandarins the edge by 0.15. Perc scores seem very judge-dependent.

If this panel is a reliable guide to the future, then Troop just needs to keep sharpening the vis and keep working on the final 60 seconds of the show to give it a clean and climactic thematic ending. All else being constant, Troop would seem to have more than enough growth potential to overtake Saturday's razor-thin 0.012 gap.

• Like 4

On 7/12/2023 at 11:19 AM, Vuitton said:

I mean it's so mesmerizing. I watch it the whole show. I'm not sure if that's good or bad that the focus is there the marjority of the show, at least for me.

At San Antonio last night the prop started the show turned off, and was later turned on and off for a total of three sections, beginning, middle and end.  The harmonica solo with the sun framing him in the background looked pretty cool. 

Edited by wvu80

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

At San Antonio last night the prop started show turned off, and was later turned on and off for a total of three sections, beginning, middle and end.  The harmonica solo with the sun framing him in the background looked pretty cool. 

That worked to section the show a bit better. But sometimes it stopped mid rotation in “wormhole position” and didn’t read as the sun. If they’re going to stop it, they should work out how to advance it to the start position manually to retain the look. I’m sure there’s a way 

• Like 1

"Big props" to the kid stuck on the big prop for the entire show. Still did the costume change and looked to be doing some visuals with his arms. Should've just conducted the entire show. 😂

Glad he was safe and hope that never happens to him again. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

That worked to section the show a bit better. But sometimes it stopped mid rotation in “wormhole position” and didn’t read as the sun. If they’re going to stop it, they should work out how to advance it to the start position manually to retain the look. I’m sure there’s a way 

I think they sometimes have issues with the remote control for the sun prop. 

12 minutes ago, JanetD said:

I think they sometimes have issues with the remote control for the sun prop. 

oh i figured there was some switch on the prop itself.  its' being remote controlled?  that sounds like a bad idea for Indy. LOS is like the bermuda triangle for remote mics.

• Like 1