When one judge calls the show

40 minutes ago, karuna said:

Because a great recovery is more impressive than an error?  More training and skill involved?

Anyway if you sign up to play a game where every score is essentially a subjective opinion, don't be surprised when you disagree with the results sometimes.  Does it suck?  Yes.  But it's the nature of the game.  So deal with it.  And next time try to leave a lot less doubt in the mind of the judges.  

2 figure skaters. 1 falls on a triple axle and recovers perfectly and the other makes no mistakes, who wins?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

2 figure skaters. 1 falls on a triple axle and recovers perfectly and the other makes no mistakes, who wins?

The skater that didn't fall, were they doing basic figure 8s??...........Because if so, the skater who fell on the triple axle wins for me, especially if they had a near flawless recovery. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ContraFart said:

How on gods green Earth did RCC have one judge give a perfect visual score, WHEN A BASS DRUMMER FELL ON HER A$$??????? By definition it was not a perfect performance. 

Because the highest score doesn't mean perfect, never did, it's just who was the best. When you get toward the top, numbers are scarce and a perfect score as I said NEVER meant perfect, although those who have got them love to say" Perfect"..lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ContraFart said:

How on gods green Earth did RCC have one judge give a perfect visual score, WHEN A BASS DRUMMER FELL ON HER A$$??????? By definition it was not a perfect performance. 

Right!?  Where's the Tic system when you need it. 

• Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

The skater that didn't fall, were they doing basic figure 8s??...........Because if so, the skater who fell on the triple axle wins for me, especially if they had a near flawless recovery. 

Well let's compare it to Pulse and RCC. The skater that fell had a top tier artistic program and the skater that didn't fall had a top tier technical program but both were about equal in caliber

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GUARDLING said:

Because the highest score doesn't mean perfect, never did, it's just who was the best. When you get toward the top, numbers are scarce and a perfect score as I said NEVER meant perfect, although those who have got them love to say" Perfect"..lol

But let's just keep it 💯

Perfect vs Maximum depends on if DCP likes you. We have seen this many times in the past depending on the corps. 

DCP likes you, Perfect score. 

DCP doesn't like you, Maximum score.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

Well said.  

Just to add to another miscomprehension:  the other skater wasn't "perfect" .  No performance (musical or otherwise) is "perfect".  Human performance is dynamic, adaptive and expressive which by their very nature are contrary to "perfection".  

• Like 1