When one judge calls the show

2 hours ago, ContraFart said:

So I guess you can get a perfect score by breaking my immersion in a show for 30 seconds because there was a crash and its like it never happened because she recovered? 

I may not be able to define perfection, but I know that when a huge fall happens, it's not perfect. I don't think it's that hard.

It's never been a perfect score and you said yourself you're concentrating on a perfect score.  You're simply wrong and perfect is not a wording that has ever existed on any judging sheet.  It's the highest or max score in a ranking.  As someone that has been a visual judge myself and was in-person at WGI Finals, I would have ranked RCC the highest of the night as well.  

Edited by rmurrey74
  • Thanks 5

2 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

I am talking about a specific score from a specific judge who gave a 20 in visual to a group that had a major incident. I'm sorry, I have a problem with that.

But you dont know what or why they did and the questions they had to ask themselves to determine a higher score

I'm not even saying said judge was right with their score BUT am saying the situation can happen and it's just not  as simple as it may seem to some.

Edited by GUARDLING

I'm literally being gaslit here. People are thinking I'm crazy because I don't think a visual judge should give a 20 (the only 20 of the entire competition) to a group where somebody falls down. If they got a 20 in GE or music, this would be a different conversation, but a major mistake such as falling down does not deserve the maximum score in any context, especially when the top of the competition is so tight.

Where am I wrong?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

But you dont know what or why they did and the questions they had to ask themselves to determine a higher score

I'm not even saying said judge was right with their score BUT am saying the situation can happen and it's just not  as simple as it may seem to some.

No it's pretty simple, you fall down, you don't get a 20. Period.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, resipsaloquitur said:

I think you're off the mark here. Judges don't notice many things. And that's OK. They can't have eyes all over the floor. Nor do they have the benefit of Flo's multicam. RCC's shows had lots of strong, simultaneous visual and music moments and the judge could have been focusing on another moment. Even assuming the judge did notice, have you read the visual score sheets? It's precisely as one other commenter said, the tic system is gone. Boston Crusaders dropped rifles and yet took guard.

I believe that "Flo" has changed judging considerably. As someone who has "dabbled" in pageantry judging, consider the degree to which a new aspiring judge would tend to have short commiserating conversations with colleagues BITD. With Flo, I am fairly certain that judges watch what we watch throughout the season to re-evaluate their scoring and compare it their judging peers/mentors. Can you tell me honestly that you would not watch Flo between your judging assignments?

Edited by denverjohn
typo
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

I'm literally being gaslit here. People are thinking I'm crazy because I don't think a visual judge should give a 20 (the only 20 of the entire competition) ....

Actually, a group got a perfect score in GE visual in PSW.

If we include the prior week, 3 of 4 GE judges gave the Bride(s) of Frankenstein a perfect score.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, wolfgang said:

Actually, a group got a perfect score in GE visual in PSW.

If we include the prior week, 3 of 4 GE judges gave the Bride(s) of Frankenstein a perfect score.

I was only talking about PIW, but be semantic 

50 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

lol..ok....obviously it's not

So you are literally telling me that a major incident such as a fall should have 0 impact on the score? 

Edited by ContraFart

22 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

So you are literally telling me that a major incident such as a fall should have 0 impact on the score? 

Let's make this simple. Replace the word "perfect" with "maximum" in the debate. Now defend your points. 

Edited by Old Corps Guy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1