AI and DCI

On 4/28/2023 at 6:41 PM, Jurassic Lancer said:

I’ve seen AI generated “pictures” of impossibly, perfect visions of the female form. 

Perfect except for the hands, which AI dependably messes up. But if you’re into ladies with 12-13 sausage fingers I’m not judging! Ok maybe I am a little. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Perfect except for the hands, which AI dependably messes up. But if you’re into ladies with 12-13 sausage fingers I’m not judging! Ok maybe I am a little. 

Yeah this horror show garnered a lot of talk.  The hands are really hard to look at for too long.

• Haha 1

And now this is making rounds....do not watch before trying to sleep.

• Haha 1

"...leaving the audience with a sense of both the challenges and the possibilities of revolution. "

This is really clever, creative and logical, and how (in my imagination) a show might be programmed by the android DATA from Star Trek. Next step: Leave the audience entertained.

16 hours ago, ironlips said:

"...leaving the audience with a sense of both the challenges and the possibilities of revolution. "

This is really clever, creative and logical, and how (in my imagination) a show might be programmed by the android DATA from Star Trek. Next step: Leave the audience entertained.

The music selections are quite good, but carving down all that music to 11 minutes would be a helluva chore.  Mars usually takes 2-3 minutes, Adagio takes at least 3 even for an outtake.  Entire shows have been written for Rite of Spring.  There would have to be some pieces that were literally 10-20 seconds only.

This is just my 2 cents....

AI could NEVER replace human imagination. Imagine a world where we didn't have a visual design by Steve Brubaker or Michael Gaines. 

You can even make a case for a lot of BOA designers. 

Just as I said before with a few buddies... synth could never replace a strong low brass section.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tenoris4Jazz said:

The music selections are quite good, but carving down all that music to 11 minutes would be a helluva chore.  Mars usually takes 2-3 minutes, Adagio takes at least 3 even for an outtake.  Entire shows have been written for Rite of Spring.  There would have to be some pieces that were literally 10-20 seconds only.

Who arranged Madison's 2014 show again?  

Not sure why i thought of that all of a sudden.

41 minutes ago, TOC said:

But it has assisted many contra lines. 

Highly debatable 

Edit*

I can see, in a way, it kinda helps at lower numbers. But the sound quality isn't the same. There is a clear difference between synth and actual bass. As a whole I'm a traditionalist in a way that synth bass will never beat an actual kick*** contra line. And there are other current issues I am not a fan of and I hope there are changes (unlikely.... but I can hope). 

And I don't mean to start a debate. Synth is here to stay, not hurt by it.... except when you start diminishing your contra line for........ synth.....

Edited by Hook'emCavies
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

AI could NEVER replace human imagination.

Maybe design is the wrong place for AI, then.

What about AI judging?  Imagine - no more missing judges due to flight cancellations.  Can it learn how to do slotting?  Could an AI robot follow snarelines around the field without running into anybody?

• Haha 2