Mandarins 2023

2 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

And he officially confirmed he is coming back to the Mandarins in 2024! 

He loves the people, staff, atmosphere. He said there is no other place he would rather be in drum corps.

Good for your son, I admire his loyalty.

Mandarins have a great organization, treat their members right, and are on the rise... why would anybody not want to be part of that.

Edited by JohnDF
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Got spend about 45min with my son last night. 

He came and sat with me and the wife during BDs run since we had a seat open next to us. 

And he officially confirmed he is coming back to the Mandarins in 2024! 

He loves the people, staff, atmosphere. He said there is no other place he would rather be in drum corps. 

Not to mention something big is brewing for 2024. I have no idea what it is, but anyone thinking the Mandarins will be a one hit wonder..............go ahead and do your best Cuba Gooding Jr impression and start punching the air. 

Mandarins are here to stay. 

Deal with it. 

That's great to hear! I think after a year like they've had this year, I imagine a lot of current members hope to take the corps to another level, and the talent pool for next year will only get stronger. I'm so excited for them. 

• Like 3

I have been around/adjacent to Mandarins since they were the little Div. III "corps that could". They have always been interesting and fun to root for/pull for. Their evolution over the years has been fun to watch.

And, then...

"Sinnerman".

Well conceived, well plotted, well designed, and INCREDIBLY well performed. In what can be a cookie cutter activity, Mandarins have brought something fresh and invigorating to the field. For that, they deserve their "just rewards". 

Here's looking towards tonight with the hope that they dig a little deeper, push a little stronger, and leave no doubt as to their imprint on the 2023 season. Thank you, Mandarins, and I look forward to watching one more performance of your show. 

I know in BD land, we say "do it up, Devils!!!" I offer this for tonight: "Make it Magical, Mandarins!!!" 

• Like 8

Go for it, Mandarins!  Wishing you great success tonight with your amazing show!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, brassboy said:

@Chief Guns Did you go check out their final rehearsal run? And if so, did you get to witness their corps anthem played to the age-outs? Makes me weep every time. Hoping some video of that surfaced soon. 

I know you didn't ask me, but I was there. It was very moving. Everyone was videoing but me. I am sure there will be one that pops up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1