DCI Corps at the Crest - San Diego 2023

SO much color for BD.  I saw some early leaks of their opener and the look is actually a refreshing look for BD despite "the formula" talk.   Blue ramp prop looks like a reuse of what we saw last year to great effect.

• Like 3

I see seams in those ramped props for cutting out at some point in this show.... 

21 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Academy seems to have gone safe and given up on trying to the the "whimsical" corps.  Which is ok I guess. It was charming for the Mary Poppins show, and lightning in a bottle for Drum Corpse Bride, but they never quite got it to work again.  

They sound great and the show is a good vehicle for this corps.  The visual design has some beauty to it.

It seemed to me that they had design team changes after the rabbit show that almost made Finals again, and the next shows didn't have the design to capitalize on the higher talent levels they'd begun to attract. I think this show puts them on a positive trajectory. 

• Like 1