Corn on DeKalb

1 minute ago, BlueStainGlass said:

I just went to the announcement to see how they described it and I don't see it

"Meetings at the Edge'' will take us on a journey to explore the physical and emotional “edge”, a phenomena that exists between individuals and groups, places and things. We travel to the edge, challenge the edge and push beyond the edge on the winding road that leads to your door.

Works for me. Honestly that’s all you need in a show theme. It’s a musical and visual performance, why overcomplicate it?

Edited by Hrothgar15

The gold lacquer on the horns is so distinctive.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, corps8294 said:

Curious. Was Genesis struggling or going through a rough time? 

Not to my knowledge other than vague recollection of some in-season turmoil with staff suddenly departing? Someone here will know more. My comment was to this being their first competition this year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gbass598 said:

When I'm a drum guy and even I notice your inability to play in tune. There are some issues.

I think their preview show was better. Not sure if they had tired lips or just overplayed or just flat out ran out of gas.

Ending is certainly going to change at some point. Transitions between tunes needs some work. I'm not sure I understand the show and how it relates to the title.

I thought I was the only one.  I assume if you wait to debut 9 days after season start that you come out cleaner and with a more complete showing.  That felt like a June 28 show and I also didn't get the concept.  They came out rough last year and improved a lot, but it feels the same this year.  16 tubas is great and they have a big sound at end, but not sure where the show goes.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

I just went to the announcement to see how they described it and I don't see it

"Meetings at the Edge'' will take us on a journey to explore the physical and emotional “edge”, a phenomena that exists between individuals and groups, places and things. We travel to the edge, challenge the edge and push beyond the edge on the winding road that leads to your door.

eye-roll-epic-eye-roll.gif

• Thanks 1

Troopers guard is having a better night keeping it to gather it seems.  

• Like 1

Ok that bridge of rifles thing made me nervous.  I thought she was gonna fall there.

• Like 2