Corn on DeKalb

troop have at least a finalist show to me with potential for top 10. tldr, i think there's a ton of potential there.  

more visually intricate than i was getting from lower angles, and i've already commented on how much i appreciate the music design.  the brass writing is dense and that's going to take some time to sound really clear.  just a little muddy right now.  i feel like we'll hear some of the those chords lean more into roots and fifths to make it a tad more accessible and clear.  

LOVE the tubas. 

several places (i can't believe i'm saying this) that would lend themselves to scatter stuff rather than marching...like the transition from the intro piece to the opener for one.  

• Like 1

Troop is my fav drill of the season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

The only part that doesn’t scream finalist to me is this block drill on side two after the ballad.  It’s been a blob every time.  

Alot of the drill seems like alot of movement for little actual movement that doesnt give it much velocity.  But this show clearly will be in finals and maybe rewrite some of those moments like the square.  We need to see what BK has up their sleeve tonight.

• Like 1