Whitewater Rafting

Honestly,  Im digging Blue Stars this year, so I can't criticize...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Blue Stars down 2.1 in percussion to Cavaliers isn’t helping anything lol 

Take that out and things look a lot different but I digress.  That’s a massive asset for Cavaliers right now.  

Have we ever seen a larger gap in a caption between corps in the same “tier” as we are seeing between Cavaliers and BS percussion at the moment? I’m trying to jog my memory.

I kinda called this when I saw Cavaliers in Adrian several weeks ago.

They'll clean, adjust, water, add, layer, and all of that, but the percussion section is top 5, and solidly. It's going to help them get through the staff changes and growing pains, I hope.

I'm just trying to keep things positive. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, treved said:

Phantom closing the gap on Boston when they were on fire? I like it. 

Phantom was 8th in Percussion tonite however.( lost to Colts, Troopers in Percussion for example ).

Phantom has a great show, good music and visuals, but they're in a different tier overall than Crown, Bloo, BAC, and BD, so lets not get ahead of ourselves.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DCIFan91 said:

Have we ever seen a larger gap in a caption between corps in the same “tier” as we are seeing between Cavaliers and BS percussion at the moment? I’m trying to jog my memory.

Last night the delta was 1.9; in Cedarberg it was 1.6.  So seems to be a consistent issue. 

Back in the jurassic era of the 80s, when Cadets were in their dynasty years, they'd come out dirtier than a skunk, and end up winning. This feels like the Cavaliers this year.

Who knows how it'll end, but it's a good story. DCI loves a good story...

$$$

I think it's more a case of the Blue Stars being overestimated, this year. I had very high hopes for them and they aren't really clicking in any of the captions. GE and Vis aren't all that great, their hornline is taking a hit, score wise, now, and their percussion has been an ongoing issue.
They took a creative risk, this year, and for a variety of reasons it's just not working. 

Just now, corps8294 said:

I think it's more a case of the Blue Stars being overestimated, this year. I had very high hopes for them and they aren't really clicking in any of the captions. GE and Vis aren't all that great, their hornline is taking a hit, score wise, now, and their percussion has been an ongoing issue.
They took a creative risk, this year, and for a variety of reasons it's just not working. 

I think it’s pretty early to throw in the towel.  

• Like 2