Whitewater Rafting

Just now, corps8294 said:

I think it's more a case of the Blue Stars being overestimated, this year. I had very high hopes for them and they aren't really clicking in any of the captions. GE and Vis aren't all that great, their hornline is taking a hit, score wise, now, and their percussion has been an ongoing issue.
They took a creative risk, this year, and for a variety of reasons it's just not working. 

..and I was hyping on them too.

Blue Stars brass is great and probably taking a hit score wise due to caption bleed.

They're a great corps with a good show.  Go green!

1 minute ago, corps8294 said:

I think it's more a case of the Blue Stars being overestimated, this year. I had very high hopes for them and they aren't really clicking in any of the captions. GE and Vis aren't all that great, their hornline is taking a hit, score wise, now, and their percussion has been an ongoing issue.
They took a creative risk, this year, and for a variety of reasons it's just not working. 

I agree completely. They really me believing in the videos I had seen of them playing during ST, but...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, corps8294 said:

The transition into green unis on a football field is so messy. It's a neat concept for a show though.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Narrow said:

Maybe we're underestimating Cavies.

I think a LOT of people are underestimating the talent that Cavies have. For me, that’s never been a question. You can tell that they’re fighting through adversity and they’re making huge progress with every day. The question for me is can they overcome what right now looks to be an unfocused, inefficient show design? Maybe it’ll come together more as they clean it, but I’ll say it again, the design does the talented membership a huge disservice.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, corps8294 said:

Not throwing in the towel; but they have a lot of work to do if they don't want to fall to 9th place. This season is starting to remind me of 2011.

I think they’ve got a lot of room to grow and evolve the show.   We will see.   I love what they’re doing and think it has a lot of potential upside.  

Any ground they make up in percussion will only help.  GE and visual numbers are good and brass numbers are improving.  Sure percussion is also having an impact on music analysis.  

11 minutes ago, Brass Lover said:

The transition into green unis on a football field is so messy. It's a neat concept for a show though.

Uniform changes have been done before, that's not it.

17 minutes ago, Boss Anova said:

Phantom was 8th in Percussion tonite however.( lost to Colts, Troopers in Percussion for example ).

Phantom has a great show, good music and visuals, but they're in a different tier overall than Crown, Bloo, BAC, and BD, so lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Eh, 2.5 points isn’t a completely whole tier. I like them sticking that close to Boston so they stay ahead of the corps behind them. 

3 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I think it’s pretty early to throw in the towel.  

Wayyyyyyy too early. They’re usually a corps that figures things out as the season progresses. 

It seems silly to totally throw them to the side because they got “passed” by Cavies tonight (I would not be surprised if they flip again tomorrow night). 

But I do think it’s fair to say that they have some issues at the moment. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Boss Anova said:

Phantom was 8th in Percussion tonite however.( lost to Colts, Troopers in Percussion for example ).

Phantom has a great show, good music and visuals, but they're in a different tier overall than Crown, Bloo, BAC, and BD, so lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Phantom was 5th on percussion stars were 8th. If they weren’t 5th they’d be giving bac a run for their money