The Battle for 12th!!!

On 7/13/2023 at 9:01 PM, Jnecker said:

Just curious, will the Troopers get by with a Harmonica Solo, isn't the Harmonica a Reed instrument and thus illegal to use in a show?

Will that choice haunt them in the race for the finals?

I doubt it. First, I do not believe it is the first time a harmonica is being used, though if a harmonica has been used in the past, it was not as featured as the Troopers' solo this year. Second, with all the technology available today, something in the pit could probably recreate the sound and the soloist could just go through the motions. 

25 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

12-16 is anyones game after last night sheesh 👀👀

5-7 and 12-16 battle is crazy this year! and 2-4 as well! 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

I'm impressed with Crossmen. Someone I know who had sons who marched with Crossmen years back, is friends with a key staff member, and keeps close eyes on the corps, claimed once the newer members got a bit more experience and were seasoned a bit, the corps would soar and could possibly make finals. It turns out she may be correct.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I'm impressed with Crossmen. Someone I know who had sons who marched with Crossmen years back, is friends with a key staff member, and keeps close eyes on the corps, claimed once the newer members got a bit more experience and were seasoned a bit, the corps would soar and could possibly make finals. It turns out she may be correct.

With Flo being my only viewing source, I know it may not be the most accurate measure, however, I can say I noticed HUGE improvements with the Crossmen both musically and visually over the last week+, so it didn't surprise me to see them pass PC and BK, who I did not think made the big improvements I hoped to see. I think 12th is a 3 horse race now and will be fun to watch.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I won't lie I don't like the design or brass writing at all but they are performing the hell out of it and getting rewarded. Of the fighting groups I enjoy Spirit the most with PC in second. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

I'm thinking it's Crossmen's or BK's game. To me, their shows are better than the others, and quite significantly. 

On 7/29/2023 at 8:49 PM, Vuitton said:

I'm thinking it's Crossmen's or BK's game. To me, their shows are better than the others, and quite significantly. 

After their disasterous first show I really was skeptical about Crossmen. And that's coming from someone who has been a fan for decades and has a family connection to the corps. But they have really impressed me with their growth, and they are my favorite for 12th right now. Bones will be watching over them in Allentown and Indy.

• Like 2