To Encore or not to Encore in Utah 23

Just now, wvu80 said:

The Cascades have a non-uniformed staff member on the field with the corps conducting the horn warm up?  Ridiculous.  Let one of the marching members do that.  I'm sorry, but it's not that hard.

The field belongs the marching members, not to the staff.

It's their first year back. Chill out. I guarantee that warm up was to get the jitters out as this is their first show. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, wvu80 said:

The Cascades have a non-uniformed staff member on the field with the corps conducting the horn warm up?  Ridiculous.  Let one of the marching members do that.  I'm sorry, but it's not that hard.

Staff conducting on-field warmups is totally old school though. You don't see it very often anymore since most hornlines don't even get to warmup on the field--they're setting up props.

• Like 4

Just now, TheOneWhoKnows said:

It's their first year back. Chill out. I guarantee that warm up was to get the jitters out as this is their first show. 

I'm plenty un-chill, thank you.  It's just my opinion and I am a big fan of a corps having staff who act like professionals and trust the marching members once they are about to perform.

If you like staff members on the field then by all means feel free to express that.  I assure you, I won't dictate to you how you should feel. 

• Confused 2

Just now, wvu80 said:

I'm plenty un-chill, thank you.  It's just my opinion and I am a big fan of a corps having staff who act like professionals and trust the marching members once they are about to perform.

If you like staff members on the field then by all means feel free to express that.  I assure you, I won't dictate to you how you should feel. 

Just sit down and enjoy the performance 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

How is that unprofessional of the staff?

• Like 7

Man, great way to come back after 4ish years?  Really good way to build on that program!!!

Edited by spacewill
  • Like 4

You see staff on the field helping with props too. I'm not sure why you're so hung up on this, especially because it's during set up, not during the performance.

Last year, SCV had so many MMs out for a few shows that staff in street clothes had to push some of their props around. 

It's really not a big deal.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

using the dumb logic I just read - WhY iS HaRLoFf COnDucTiNG ThE HOrN wARmUp

• Haha 5