Prettiest Town...Corps there won't treat you mean in Abilene - 7/18/23

38 minutes ago, spacewill said:

Nice!  Was that the one that came in a sink?  We visited some friends in Florida (Orlando) and they had one that came in a sink!  No way, that is ridiculous..I'd be done after 1.5 scoops.

Nah this was in Indiana. They had a sort of long casserole type dish/boat for it.  

5 hours ago, spacewill said:

Nice, My thoughts.  

1. Mandarins – 85.2
  2. Cavaliers – 83.2 (I just don't see them on the same level as Mandarins and Phantom)
  3. Pacific Crest – 79.70 (This is where they would have been + next day improvement had the "judge we won't reference didn't do his thing at Canyon
  4. Spirit – 77.4 - I think they are more in the realm of The Academy / Pre-Canyon BK room scores right now
  5. Academy – 76.8
  6. Music City – 75.0
  7. Cascades – 67.40

I think you could be spot on. But I also know most of us haven’t seen Cavaliers since 7/9 while seeing others multiple times. And of course (sigh) we’re not going to see them again tonight and not until Austin on 7/20. Eleven days of “Flo Blackout” is a lot in a 7-week season. 

I’m obviously a Cavaliers homer. So my optimism is unfounded because I haven’t seen them either. They’ve got good position draws between tonight, Austin, Houston( Tomball), and San Antonio. 

Remains to be seen if they can take advantage of it. But like any fan… I hope they hit a run over the next 4 shows. 

Edited by PopcornEater1963

1 hour ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

I think you could be spot on. But I also know most of us haven’t seen Cavaliers since 7/9 while seeing others multiple times. And of course (sigh) we’re not going to see them again tonight and not until Austin on 7/20. Eleven days of “Flo Blackout” is a lot in a 7-week season. 

I’m obviously a Cavaliers homer. So my optimism is unfounded because I haven’t seen them either. They’ve got good position draws between tonight, Austin, Houston( Tomball), and San Antonio. 

Remains to be seen if they can take advantage of it. But like any fan… I hope they hit a run over the next 4 shows. 

I would be okay if I am wrong about Cavies.  I think having more corps that are quality enough to take 5th is great for DCI, especially if that is at the level I have seen in PR and Mandarins this year.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

Oh the amount seems somewhat less traumatic, although your colon may disagree.  But the 4 min and 18 seconds is alarming.

There was a local ice cream place growing up that had a challenge item for $20 and if you ate the whole thing by yourself in one sitting you got your name on the wall forever.   It was the full works of 4 full bananas like a banana split, tons of layers of whipped cream like a parfait, and a scoop of every flavor they had in stock.  Scoops in this time were pretty big and about the size of a tennis ball.  The place usually had 22 flavors on tap at any given time.  High School and college kids would pop for a $20 now and then and give it a try with all their friends around, but most of us were "solo? no way."  But it was a popular thing to get like 6 friends together and chip in and order one and try all the flavors.  

I think there were never more than just a handful of names on the wall.  

That sounds like a Kitchen Sink. My daughter and I ate one of those one time.

And all is back eight with the universe!  PC back to 79.25 and beat SOA by 3!!!  Screw you webb

• Haha 3