9:55 PM
Blue Knights - Denver, CO
10:12 PM
The Cavaliers - Rosemont, IL
10:29 PM
The Cadets - Erie, PA
10:54 PM
Scores Announced

Rock-a-Round the Round Rock was where I'd have taken it.

I can't get the performance order here. Spirt is currently ranked above three of the groups following them in DCI's rankings and just recently beat The Academy's best score of the season.

Unless SoA asked to go on first for travel reasons, I don't understand it. I was told DCI was slotted! 😉

Hah. Nah. It’s all good 

12 minutes ago, Brian1313 said:

I can't get the performance order here. Spirt is currently ranked above three of the groups following them in DCI's rankings and just recently beat The Academy's best score of the season.

Unless SoA asked to go on first for travel reasons, I don't understand it. I was told DCI was slotted! 😉

Someone with more knowledge please jump in and help me out here in case I am incorrect on anything...............

But my understanding is that since SOA did not perform last year, they aren't in any "Grouping or Tier" to start this season. 

If you noticed, Spirit AND Cascades have went on first at every show so far this season. And they both did not field a show last year. Spirit did go on last at the Douglasville GA show, but I am assuming that was their home show and the reason. 

It's my understanding that after San Antonio, corps will perform in reverse order of placement from San Antonio.

So for example, if SCV was to return in 2024, they should be performing in the first time slot, since they didn't perform in 2023.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

If you noticed, Spirit AND Cascades have went on first at every show so far this season. And they both did not field a show last year. Spirit did go on last at the Douglasville GA show, but I am assuming that was their home show and the reason. 

Well, that certainly makes more sense to me than my initial thoughts of "they're trying to shaft em!"

I wonder what the mechanism for deciding between SoA and SC as the first group then... weird.

4 minutes ago, Brian1313 said:

Well, that certainly makes more sense to me than my initial thoughts of "they're trying to shaft em!"

I wonder what the mechanism for deciding between SoA and SC as the first group then... weird.

Spirit and Cascades were at the same show two days ago in Abilene. 

Cascades went first and Spirit went second. 

So maybe they reversed the order for the two corps at this show tonight to make it fair. 

I don't know this to be a fact, but it seems to be the most logical. 

I don't think anyone has it out for Spirit or Cascades. 

45 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Someone with more knowledge please jump in and help me out here in case I am incorrect on anything...............

But my understanding is that since SOA did not perform last year, they aren't in any "Grouping or Tier" to start this season. 

It's my understanding that after San Antonio, corps will perform in reverse order of placement from San Antonio.

So for example, if SCV was to return in 2024, they should be performing in the first time slot, since they didn't perform in 2023.

Sounds legit; that's how it was handled in the past.  That said, I am virtually certain SCV will get a pass on this one.

Mike