Cavies drumline

How is it that the Cavies place 8th in San Antonio but take high percussion????? Asking for a friend....

1 minute ago, angelob said:

How is it that the Cavies place 8th in San Antonio but take high percussion????? Asking for a friend....

Because their percussion was the best Saturday night and they earned that 1st place in drums fair and square no excuses. 

Drum judge called it like he saw regardless of placement. 

Isn't that what we (In general) have been crying for judges to do for years now?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Because their percussion was the best Saturday night and they earned that 1st place in drums fair and square no excuses. 

Drum judge called it like he saw regardless of placement. 

Isn't that what we (In general) have been crying for judges to do for years now?

I've just never seen that before. I've been watching this activity for 6 decades! I'm not saying they didn't deserve to take high percussion, just trying to get some feedback from those who might have an idea. Just watched a Youtube video of their drumline and it was incredible! 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, angelob said:

They are unreal right now. It's not even that they took 1st, it's that they took it by 0.3 over 2nd at that. Talk about a statement. And fully deserved to be honest.

1 minute ago, wilme861 said:

They are unreal right now. It's not even that they took 1st, it's that they took it by 0.3 over 2nd at that. Talk about a statement. And fully deserved to be honest.

That's an incredible accomplishment and my hat is off to them! 

19 minutes ago, angelob said:

I've just never seen that before. I've been watching this activity for 6 decades! I'm not saying they didn't deserve to take high percussion, just trying to get some feedback from those who might have an idea. Just watched a Youtube video of their drumline and it was incredible! 

Someone pointed out in another thread that Oakland Crusaders won 1st in drums at prelims but placed 14th. I’m not sure if it was 77 or 78. Bridgemen did the same in the mid 80’s, but for Oakland Crusaders for certain it was still the days of tics. This is probably the first time it has happened with subjective judging.

58 minutes ago, angelob said:

No different than the Argonne Rebels winning brass, but down in the other captions.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Someone pointed out in another thread that Oakland Crusaders won 1st in drums at prelims but placed 14th. I’m not sure if it was 77 or 78. Bridgemen did the same in the mid 80’s, but for Oakland Crusaders for certain it was still the days of tics. This is probably the first time it has happened with subjective judging.

That Oakey snare line might just be the cleanest ever. Listen to the recordings and you literally can't hear a single mistake. I remember seeing them live and watching an entire show with no tics or fuzz. Unreal. 

• Like 1