Is it time to stop using human Adjudicator's and go to A.I.

I love some of these responses. Come to think of it a few shows judged by AI could be very fun...or very interesting. For GE you can have one AI module programmed to Musical Effect and another to Visual Effect. Then have the 2 AI modules cross-reference the timing of events in ths show where perhaps the music GE was rated good yet the visual GE module produced a poor score and vice-versa. If the cross referencing produces 50% or more moments where the 2 modules disagree with each other at specific times in the show then the show is labelled "Incoherent" and the Box is lower to Level 2 with maximum score being much lower. 

That might change things real quick. 

And because AI can compute very fast, when the show is over it not only assignes a score but builds a spreadsheet of the show every 15 seconds or so and descibes its assessments for the staff to read through. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

A show based on the movie War Games could be super cool though.  

Has any Corps done a show about Drum Corps Adjudicators ? 

19 minutes ago, Onionhead2 said:

Has any Corps done a show about Drum Corps Adjudicators ? 

BAC's Animal Farm is about as close as anyone's gotten to directly critiquing how the game works in DCI.   

Ayala HS WGI percussion show from 2017 was pretty much handing the judges their critique tape though...heh

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Sarah Conner is coming for you. 

Chief. We had an agent in one of my training classes named Sarah Conner back many moons ago. Seeing the roster of course prompted me to be late for a meeting just so I could go knock on the classroom door and say "Sarah Conner?" to the class in my very best Arnold voice (which is actually pretty good.)

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Chief. We had an agent in one of my training classes named Sarah Conner back many moons ago. Seeing the roster of course prompted me to be late for a meeting just so I could go knock on the classroom door and say "Sarah Conner?" to the class in my very best Arnold voice (which is actually pretty good.)

That's a good one! Bet the class got a kick out of that. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

A show based on the movie War Games could be super cool though.  

But Brain....how are we going to spell "Let's Play Global Thermonuclear War" out on the field with only 165 people?

Just now, Chief Guns said:

That's a good one! Bet the class got a kick out of that. 

They loved it lol. These days I just stay in meetings for 10 hours a day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

They loved it lol. These days I just stay in meetings for 10 hours a day.

Could be worse. You could be in military meetings, where we have a meeting to talk about the next meeting, which will go in detail of the meeting following that one lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

But Brain....how are we going to spell "Let's Play Global Thermonuclear War" out on the field with only 165 people?

The same way we do every night!

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Ashontheinternet said:

code would look something like this:

> IF: BLUE DEVILS PERFORM

>> GIVE: FIRST PLACE SCORE

> ELSE

>> GIVE BLUE DEVILS FIRST PLACE SCORE ANYWAY.

Edited by MikeD
  • Like 1