I will not be outdone by other Drum Corps Internet Trolls (I own VMAPA.org)

2 hours ago, soccerguy315 said:

To get the staff you want, you probably have a couple weeks? 

Or, more precisely, one week (by Saturday of Finals week, most of the big dogs have had contact with those corps who are ready to hire them, if they're looking for fresh opportunities).

Assuming they still have Gaines and the Rennicks locked in, this wouldn't be an issue for SCV, but I'd be concerned about whether DCI will green light them in time to do meaningful auditions in Nov and Dec.

23 minutes ago, DSpruce said:

Just ask him

20 minutes ago, DSpruce said:

Good gotcha journalism

No thanks. I wouldn't trust him or most alum right now with my personal contact info.

Not a journalist. Just a stakeholder with a vested interest in transparency regarding which alumni are in contact with parents of vets, and what their training is to be handling such valuable, sensitive info. You perhaps recall that nonprofits thrive in transparency. It should be their lifeblood because that's what garners and maintains public trust.

You bought him up, not me.

5 hours ago, MikeN said:

Kind of reads as "we showed Dan our plan, and he introduced us to people who have done this before."

😞

Mike

Which he should have done 8 months ago 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Richard Lesher said:

https://www.scvanguard.org/vmapa-organization-update-august-4-2023/?fbclid=IwAR1_nCBCYUtB0JLSXbStQU68xpe4BBxHT8NexXiHIBiTgbkT1Ua5JMf_5Gg

What surprised me with this press release is they didn't need to provide it at all. By doing so they effectively lost the amount of time people outside the inner drama were willing to be strung along and hope that 2024 was still a possibility. 

This only solidified my position. I was honestly willing to wait until September to execute my next action. I was actually worried I might have shown my hand prematurely and had the wind taken out of my sails by the announcement of a 2024 season effectively putting my foot in my mouth. 

Then I have to remember............. as a prior military Intelligence Analyst who focused my analysis on North Korea, that NK propaganda wasn't meant for the western world. It was meant for North Koreans. 

So drive the 4 #### miles

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DSpruce said:

Do it. Screw these wonderful people over. Dare you.

Sir, you asked in an earlier comment what it was that you did to violate the DCP TOS.  This ^^^ kind of personal attack and trolling will get this thread shut down and you possibly banned.

Your choice.

• Thanks 1

I just wanted to touch on something SGhost discussed about 10 pages back; that being “denialism”.

A couple of months back on another SM platform a prospective marcher asked for feedback about which corps they should pursue and expressed particular concern about abuse. I kicked in my two bits from my and my son’s experience.

Not long thereafter I got a response from a Cadets alum that was full of snark, and mentioned their instructors by name. “MS would send you to the gym, and GZ would send you to the nearest bus station if you didn’t want to rehearse.” They added that “…if you couldn’t handle intense rehearsals maybe you were on the wrong team.”

[Cue SGhost’s feedback from her meeting: “We all had mean instructors.”]

My reply was that I’d marched for years but to my knowledge the instructors he named had never hit kids to motivate them like one of ours did. I also referenced our season so that the Cadets person realized it was a year in which our respective corps traded victories with one another. 

Their reply was to massively backpedal when it became clear I’d marched with a top contender instead of somewhere else (so a top contender adds more credibility??), and to confirm their instructors hadn’t gone to such extremes. 

In other news, I had no idea DV was serving in this capacity; he was one of my first instructors way back in the day. 

Edited by TRacer
Typoz

10 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

Yeah, nothing about that post instills confidence they'll be back in 2024.  

Design teams already have their ideas set and everything starts wheeling in motion in a couple weeks.  

Is the rule still 'two years off and you have to come back through Open Class' thing still in effect like it was for Magic?   Would that put them under the scrutiny of Open Class' financial requirements for moving to World Class?   

In theory they should have to go through Open Class, perform first at shows, etc

But some Corps are more equal than other Corps.  

IMHO, what they should do for 2024 is bring back SCVC, do the California tour, build local support (parades, community center openings, the whole shebang), and maybe if $ allows go to DATR.  But no DCI tour.  Too many unknowns.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Sir, you asked in an earlier comment what it was that you did to violate the DCP TOS.  This ^^^ kind of personal attack and trolling will get this thread shut down and you possibly banned.

Your choice.