I will not be outdone by other Drum Corps Internet Trolls (I own VMAPA.org)

34 minutes ago, DSpruce said:

I don’t mind being quoted. I have explained that I’m new to DCP and with so much snark flying around I did not understand the limits and was reacting feedback.

Our quotations document that you've been flirting with the TOC from the beginning. And again, ignorance of the rules doesn't change that. Even I need reminders, not for personal attacks, but for sharing info that challenges the website's liabilities. Who would've thunk that of an active whistleblower...

34 minutes ago, DSpruce said:

I don’t mind the crowd not being convinced. This is an internet discussion board, people will have different views. I don’t mind suggestions for how they could have done the statement better.

No thanks, if I wanted to communicate that feedback to Vanguard, I'd do so through an official channel to diminish confusion and the "telephone" game that I believe riddles the org. It's also a carefully honed professional skill that I will only lend to an org for free once precise conditions have been met.

Also, I don't pretend that they're willing to hear what I have to say anyway. What I have shared with them, they've exploited and rarely shown gratitude for. Vanguard tends to want unconditional trust from alum/staff and I'm not willing to give that anymore, for what I hope are obvious reasons by now.

Edited by scheherazadesghost
typo

1 hour ago, DSpruce said:

Thanks, actually do appreciate it. Was reacting to the threatened action emotionally and not an experienced DCp person

And apparently never been on the internet either…

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Richard Lesher said:

I think at this point they'd call the police. My only way to articulate business there is to play Bingo, and they do not have open Board Meetings anymore. 

I'm dead serious, they would totally do that.  

Restraining order??

5 minutes ago, DSpruce said:

What is TOC? Sure, ignorance of the rules doesn’t change that. Granted. I also don’t mind folks not wishing to communicate with Vanguard. Thank you Sideways.

Ah, I used the wrong acronym, following another poster here. I was trying to say "Terms of Use," specifically Rule 5, which can by accessed here or by the link at the bottom of each page.

7 minutes ago, Sideways said:

Restraining order??

There are some alum whose histories warrant that, but they let them waltz right in while others, without any reason remotely warranting it, are kept at arm's length. I would also be very reluctant to visit Space Park Drive these days, for my own well being. Have already expressed how uncomfortable most alum make me feel.

Edited by scheherazadesghost
whose who's hoos typo

Thanks - here it is for ease of reference, “

5. Member Conduct

Member agrees, through continued use of this service, not to use this site to post, publish, or otherwise distribute any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violates any local, state, or US Federal law. DCP Partners, LLC reserves the right to deny service to any individual, delete any account, posting, story or any other other content, in part or in full, for any reason and at any time.”

14 minutes ago, DSpruce said:

…any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy…

My mind immediately started working on an example of single statement that would accomplish every one of those.  

Of course I couldn’t share it, but it would be fun to think of.

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Sideways said:

And apparently never been on the internet either…

Ahh the internet. Where everyone is offended and never wrong. 

Serious question here - when did things start to go sideways at SCV?  Was it immediately after GR retired?  That’s 30+ years so I hope that’s not the answer. Was it when they brought JF in?  Just wondering how long developing this mess has been.