Going to prelims for the first time, I have noobie questions!

Highly recommend the Indiana War Memorial Museum.  It's free.  Could spend a whole day in there.  To keep this on topic they do have various world war era drums and bugles on display.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, siletzspey said:

Check into the stadium well ahead of time!!! I recall waiting in line an hour+ for finals, and others waited much longer. For sure some people missed the start of finals.

On this, I did hear from some regulars last year that there was a snafu for entry on one of the days where people showed up 1.5 hours early and still missed the corps they wanted to see. 

So in this instance either show up earlier (2 to 3 hours), or be prepared to walk up to the front of a slow moving line if you are getting short on time and hope to find understanding people who will let you cut in knowing you want to see your kid perform.  Some parents missed their kids performance last year because they didn't try to find understanding people.  This is band and DCI, everyone understands how important it is for a parent to see their kids perform!!!!!

1 hour ago, jjeffeory said:

White Castle (ick)

[Reaches back into the 'jokes told when I was in college' bag]

Did you hear the news? White Castle opened a new store in Anderson and had a "free bag of burgers" give away all day!   They gave away over 10,000 White Castles!   You realize that's almost a WHOLE POUND of meat?

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

[Reaches back into the 'jokes told when I was in college' bag]

Did you hear the news? White Castle opened a new store in Anderson and had a "free bag of burgers" give away all day!   They gave away over 10,000 White Castles!   You realize that's almost a WHOLE POUND of meat?

bwahahahaha....Anderson, Indiana...I co-op'ed there in college in the 90s.  I might have to go back and see how much has changed!  

And after trying white castle 10 years after my first experience, yeah "ICK"

• Haha 1

NO VUVUZELAS 

Last year, my buddy tried to bring a satchel in, was told he had to have a clear bag, and was pointed to the Colts fan shop to buy one. He bought the bag, literally put his bag in it, and was allowed in.

• Haha 3

Monument Circle is less than a mile away, and they have done some cool things with it recently. They have closed down part of the circle to traffic, and put areas to lounge, play games, and eat from food trucks. 

1 hour ago, spacewill said:

bwahahahaha....Anderson, Indiana...I co-op'ed there in college in the 90s.  I might have to go back and see how much has changed!  

And after trying white castle 10 years after my first experience, yeah "ICK"

Nothing.  Nothing has changed in Anderson since the 90s.  

Oh, they ran Sandi Patty out after the divorce, but otherwise, nothing.  

Edited by KVG_DC
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, wvu80 said:

I went Friday Saturday last year.  I think I waited on Friday for about a half-hour to get a drink and a french fry.  8-10 bucks I think, it might have been more.  I learned my lesson and on Saturday I ate before entered the stadium.  They have water fountains for free.

I was specifically talking about Thursday 😁

• Haha 1

No idea.  Anderson is a place I drive past when in the state now. 

• Like 1