Going to prelims for the first time, I have noobie questions!

Heads up, and this is for everyone, Indy Car series, NASCAR Cup series, and Nascar Xfinity Cup series are in town all weekend for events at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway (IMS). Ride share, restaurants, public transportation will be nearing capacity.

• Like 1

For DCI Prelims to Finals, can anyone confirm that while they have a clear bag policy, will that also be for camera bags?  Are still photo DSLRs allowed for non-credentialed normal fans?

20 minutes ago, spacewill said:

For DCI Prelims to Finals, can anyone confirm that while they have a clear bag policy, will that also be for camera bags?  Are still photo DSLRs allowed for non-credentialed normal fans?

My wife is wondering the same thing.

3 hours ago, spacewill said:

Cameras are not allowed in Lucas Oil during DCI week.  Only photo's taken with your smart phone.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dcifanforlife said:

Cameras are not allowed in Lucas Oil during DCI week.  Only photo's taken with your smart phone.

Thank you!  I figured they wouldn't but some stadiums said no and then everyone had one in the stands! :-)....if I figure that out after pre-lims then at least we have Semi's to stalk our kid!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dcifanforlife said:

That has not been the case in the past, and it is not a stadium policy. I have not seen any communication from DCI that cameras would not be allowed this year, and there is no mention of it on the Event Information on the website.

They may allow the camera (or binoculars) but just not in the bag you’d prefer to carry them.  

The only food I will buy at Lucas Oil is Ben's Pretzels. It's located on the street level concourse right on the 50. We've sat in the upper deck for semis most years and it's worth the fifteen minute walk down there to get them. 

9 hours ago, MadScout80 said:

They may allow the camera (or binoculars) but just not in the bag you’d prefer to carry them.  

Believe this is correct. The camera is okay. The bag isn't. Also ...

... Don't be the turd holding the camera up - whether for stills or video - in a way that blocks the view of the people behind you. Phone and tablets too. It you have to raise it above the level of your eyes ...

Don't understand what people don't understand about this. 

Edited by Sh0uldN0t
  • Thanks 2