Crum-ble on the hill in Allentown - August 4, 2023

6 minutes ago, GetOFFmyDot said:

Troopers almost a full point over Blue Stars!

One of the oddest stories of this year is the Blue Stars.  So much talent, so much hype. The show isn’t bad but all of the pieces are not coming together. 

Is there enough gas in the tank to turn it up these last few days?    

it’s so bizarre.   

Saw this coming from late June. Got laughed at by certain DCP members. I do like the show… but it was weird to start with… and never really changed. Talented kids… compromised design. 

Edited by PopcornEater1963
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Someone early season called it lyrical.  It really is.  They finish phrases so elegantly 

That was me who said it, and they have developed such a distinctive style. There was a close up rehearsal vid of a flag segment on insta the other day that I watched over and over. It’s like the equipment is an extension of their bodies. There was not one moment where the person and flag looked like they were fighting against each other.

It’s remarkable that they’ve been able to get it SO clean. It’s a continuous flow with almost no hard edges.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, bluesman said:

Troopers are making some moves.  They might be looking at 8th, but the guard is keeping them down.  They've improved, but not enough.

Earlier in the season I had a hunch that guard would be a weakness for Troop and I’m sad that that’s been true — but it’s pretty clear. The rest of the corps design is ready for the big leagues, and the guard design just isn’t. I didn’t feel this way last year. It’s not even just cleanliness: the sophistication of the book isn’t on the same level as the rest of the corps, and that amounts to more then just a lower guard score.

Part of me hates that being a successful corps means having to hoard talent in every single staff category but that’s the game right now. You’re certainly feeling it in the top 6, but it’s trickling down to the remaining top 12 too. 

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, lawdn said:

They are performing their book much better now but it doesn’t appear to be as challenging as that of corps around them. Every corps has strengths and weaknesses. Their CG’s job now is to perform as well and cleanly as they can and sell the show. 

Weird cause they scored an 86 in Mesquite on July 24th...they literally have only improved 1.5 points since then...that is crazy.

1 minute ago, NakedEye said:

That was me who said it, and they have developed such a distinctive style. There was a close up rehearsal vid of a flag segment on insta the other day that I watched over and over. It’s like the equipment is an extension of their bodies. There was not one moment where the person and flag looked like they were fighting against each other.

It’s remarkable that they’ve been able to get it SO clean. It’s a continuous flow with almost no hard edges.

agree ❤️ Bloo guard is underrated. If they sneak up on us like the battery did last year, I’d be delighted, but not surprised.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, runyancm said:

Mine was a vodka martini.  But, I am not near as precise as you:

A slug of vodka

A splash of dry vermouth

A dash of bitters.

I like a Manhattan, too, but I am out of bourbon.  

I am a gin guy, but the best cocktail is the cocktail you like, the way you like to drink it. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Saw this coming from late June. Got laughed at by certain DCP members. I do like the show… but it was weird to start with… and never really changed. Talented kids… compromised design. 

They are so restricted by the costume change and the big sugar cubes, its hard to design out of it. 

• Like 1