DCI Prelims - Big, Loud, and Live - August 10th, 2023

A few weeks ago their brass wasn’t hitting all things and they were behind BD and BAC. After tonight I don’t see how they don’t win brass this wknd.

Guard was perfect in the first half. Second half they weren’t as exposed but still good. Darn multi cam really hurt second half for me 🤣

it’s been a few years since I really liked a crown show but this show is grrrrreat! 

Edited by Den8uml
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Cadet Guardy said:

I agree with you outside of Colts over Blue Stars. I think a specific caption put Cadets over Mandarins 

Yeah, I went back and forth on Colts and Blue Stars.

Honestly, I just don't understand the Blue Stars placements this year (I think they should be higher). Clearly, I'm missing something, so I think the Colts are going to top them tonight.

Crown put on a show! They really present the majesty and tragedy and conflict so well. Brass is impeccable except maybe fanfare trumpets. Guard equipment work stellar and they are a shade under top 3 guards in dance. This show is so clean - clear why they have won VP sometimes. 

• Like 1

Here come the cool kids and they won't let me sit at their table!

• Like 2

Amazing brass. As always with Crown, and somehow better each year. I prefer crowns bright uniforms of the past. 

Hornline uniform really doesn’t cut for me with that coloring. So far compared to the shows around it there’s not enough thematically cementing this show for me. Hard to get from a theater though. I just think story shows can struggle and this story is an old one. Feels like a really safe concept. 

• Like 1

The fact that Crown could be in 4th on finals night is a testament to how incredible the field is this year. 

That show just KEEPS. GETTING. BETTER!!

• Like 8

1 minute ago, 27Socal said:

Crown has cleaned a lot of drill.  This going to be a tough one.

They have - I think there are some issues on the design realm, especially at key impact moments visually, but that corps maxed this show out, tonight and this season in general! Doesn’t matter if lateral placement to last season - crown got her groove back. 

• Like 1