DCI Prelims - Big, Loud, and Live - August 10th, 2023

1 minute ago, MarimbaManiac said:

I mean to be fair I don't really care what you (or others) think.

You obviously do or you wouldn't be going back and forth. I am guilty of that too, so let's just agree to disagree.

I do expect a phone call from you tonight and tomorrow night when BD wins 🙂 If I'm wrong, however, I'll forget your number. Just kidding. I'll eat crow. Gladly. Honestly, I'd rather someone else win than BD and that crow will taste so good. So I'll gladly eat it.

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

Correct.

They are not supposed to talk before handing in their sheets.

But of course they have now all seen the sheets from last night and of course watched the show. So the scores are now going to partially reflect what happened last night.

Um is there no show thread for today's show? Am I miss it?

4 minutes ago, MarimbaManiac said:

using absolutist language erroneously

This is the difference between the two sides of this argument. I could even whittle that down to "absolutist language" if I wanted to go softer.

Absolutism has no place in competition. Ain't nothin over till the fat lady sings. And no one here is saying BD can't win. They're saying there's a chance for others, as there always should be.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MarimbaManiac said:

I mean you're wrong right now. The path is there, as has already been explained based on the sheets. Whether they win or not ignoring that is just ignorant. 

I guarantee you that the BD staff is telling the members right now that "THE DOOR IS OPEN FOR THEM TO TAKE IT FROM YOU," - because that's the truth.

There’s also a path for Blue Knights to win the Gold.

• Haha 1

Just now, Vuitton said:

You obviously do or you wouldn't be going back and forth. I am guilty of that too, so let's just agree to disagree.

I do expect a phone call from you tonight and tomorrow night when BD wins 🙂 If I'm wrong, however, I'll forget your number. Just kidding. I'll eat crow. Gladly. Honestly, I'd rather someone else win than BD and that crow will taste so good. So I'll gladly eat it.

Again, like I said they could totally win. It's going to come down to the panel. If you would have swapped out Rios, Chumley, Solomon, maybe Miller with judges that preferred Crown, they would have won. There was already disagreement in the GE and Music captions on the SAME SHEETS that can be resolved in either direction, and Guard is going to be a tossup in the end. 

All I'm saying, is the door is open. It's funny that even a hint of ambiguity is enough to get people riled up, but they're so set on forcing everyone to believe that BD has this in the bag that they just can't handle being objective. 

1 hour ago, MBo1974 said:

You are probably right, but the finals judging panel hasn't consistently had BD 1 or 2 across the board.  I do think the door might be slightly open.  I will be surprised if Crown stays in 4th in visual, and I do think it is possible for their percussion to finish higher than 5th.  We have seen it enough times this season happen.

Look at the Atlanta Regional Recaps for Rapicki's assessment of Crown percussion. Rapicki judges percussion tonight. 

Just now, MarimbaManiac said:

All I'm saying, is the door is open. It's funny that even a hint of ambiguity is enough to get people riled up, but they're so set on forcing everyone to believe that BD has this in the bag that they just can't handle being objective. 

Dude, you're wrong. Give it a rest.

3 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

This is the difference between the two sides of this argument. I could even whittle that down to "absolutist language" if I wanted to go softer.

Absolutism has no place in competition. Ain't nothin over till the fat lady sings. And no one here is saying BD can't win. They're saying there's a chance for others, as there always should be.

Exactly...It's funny how basic of a concept this is, and how hard it is for some people.