Wow, no one wants to discuss VANGUARD?

Just now, Grandpa Joe said:

I actually prefer 1988.

I actually liked 1988 better myself, more emotional in the company front Music of the Night.  👍

The 1989 show was cleaned for two years so by finals, it was pretty smooth. 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, wvu80 said:

I actually liked 1988 better myself, more emotional in the company front Music of the Night.  👍

This may be a question/conversation for a different thread... I may have heard this before, but I don't remember: was the plan always to repeat Phantom of the Opera in 1989? Or did they explore some other options but wind up repeating? 

1 minute ago, wvu80 said:

Pretty much. Just something about 88 sits better with me than 89. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scheherazadesghost said:

In my excitement to respond, I missed this nugget.

I love that you felt this right away. I'm curious what made it extra special to you?

There are certain shows where you see them, even early on where you just know that this show is a game changer and will be a beast by the time I get to July.  I felt that with this show and the Downside Up Bluecoats.  We always know who is going to be good at the top.  But, it is that special spark.  A je ne sais quoi ?   

On the other hand, as a Cadets fan I always hated June, ignored them in July and then came back in August.  And, to quote Vanguard Cadets, "And that has made all the difference"!

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Squeee! 🫠

I felt it from the very beginning of the show.  Has any show started like that before?  And by the time we get to the third movement, that is where it was clear that they were on another level.  I was lucky enough to see them early and then have my confirmation at Finals!