DCI and Indy sign extension thru 2033

33 minutes ago, Grandpa Joe said:

If you have such a big problem with it, please provide us with a city with a domed stadium that we can use for a 3 day event, housing arrangements for all the corps, and don't forget DCA next year as well. Oh, and each corps is going to need rehearsal spaces for at least 4 days.

That costs next to nothing to rent....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

So we are committing to 10 more years staging championships at a site with a huge unresolved issue around housing availability?

Well, you can have huge unresolved issues around housing availability with a stadium, or you can have huge unresolved issues around housing availabilitywithout a stadium. Neither is ideal, but the former is preferable to the latter. They're solved independently.

Edited by 2muchcoffeeman

Glendale, Arizona could be a possibility as well as the Alamodome, Schools will have started at both destinations.  You convention bureau need to meet with the superintendents of the local school districts to work something out.  How difficult is it for corps to find housing this year?  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

Again, DCI and the corps issue. Not the stadiums. The agreement is with the venue for finals. Don’t like it? Go work for DCI and change it 

He just asked a sincere question about a genuine concern.  I don’t understand the hostility.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, skevinp said:

He just asked a sincere question about a genuine concern.  I don’t understand the hostility.  

No hostility, it’s all just simple facts. 

look...reality here. DCI is out to make money because the money goes back to the corps. and the Indy deal is too good for DCI to pass up, just like Allentown

• Like 1

I understand the pros from a business standpoint of this decision. That it takes away some variables in terms of planning, etc. 

However, look at the state of DCI. Look how many corps have dropped out, I mean ffs look at Open Class. which is down to 11 corps. Staying in Indy is KILLING participation from corps in the west. Eventually the weekend will be completely made up of midwest and east coast corps (and BD). 

I think the decision to stay in Indy has killed off competition from a number of corps. It's prohibitively expensive and shouldered by primarily one region every year. 

But ya know, it's easier for the operations people, so...

5 minutes ago, MarimbaManiac said:

I understand the pros from a business standpoint of this decision. That it takes away some variables in terms of planning, etc. 

However, look at the state of DCI. Look how many corps have dropped out, I mean ffs look at Open Class. which is down to 11 corps. Staying in Indy is KILLING participation from corps in the west. Eventually the weekend will be completely made up of midwest and east coast corps (and BD). 

I think the decision to stay in Indy has killed off competition from a number of corps. It's prohibitively expensive and shouldered by primarily one region every year. 

But ya know, it's easier for the operations people, so...

It’s expensive no matter where you go. Have it out west? None of the east open class will go. You may even lose some world class corps. 

• Like 1